Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

I saw these on EBAY and have heard the brand name before but do not know how they react in a car with the other systems, especially in Mazdas. Anyone have any experience with these or know how well they perform? Thanks in advance.

Travis

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i appologize i did asearch on it on the forums and it didnt show up.. ill try again if it is there.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
same as injen intake don't ask me how i know i can't tell you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When installing everything today, all went well. sounds great and performs great. on the 3rd startup tonight the check engine light came on. any ideas?

Also, i reconnected the breather hose and the sensor that goes into the actual intake pipe. There was also a line that ran to the old airbox that was green and it had no place after the install. what is this piece and will it affect anything? thanks.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
When installing everything today, all went well. sounds great and performs great. on the 3rd startup tonight the check engine light came on. any ideas?

Also, i reconnected the breather hose and the sensor that goes into the actual intake pipe. There was also a line that ran to the old airbox that was green and it had no place after the install. what is this piece and will it affect anything? thanks.
[/b]
My guess is it's a P0171 code, though you'd have to check to be sure. You got some homework reading to do:
http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?t=25

If you keep the green solenoid hose/electrical connections, you should be fine. Just secure it out of the way.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
You will get a cell on and off as long as it is on the car. You need to get access to a code scanner to make sure the code thrown is just from your CAI and not something bad.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
contact cpe for their maf customizer for the injen intake fix.it will cost around $300.

·
Registered
397 Posts
contact cpe for their maf customizer for the injen intake fix.it will cost around $300.[/b]

Wait, wait, wait... so you're saying that since BOMZ is an Injen knockoff, I can use the CPE customizer with it? If that's the case, then I save at least $100 (over a Injen/CPE customizer bundle). So why isn't more people doing this? Is this BOMZ intake crappy or something?

EDIT: never mind, it's been answer already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts