Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rally Racer
1,741 Posts
Hi

has any one installed this cold air intake?
Bolton Premiere Cold Air Intake Anodized, Direct fit, 49-state legal no CA shipments

I have a stock Mazda 6s 2005 wagon and air intake hose broke. Since this is cheaper than getting the stock hose, I was thinking to buy this instead.

Does this throw CELs? What kind of filter will I have to use with this?

Thanks

I just came across this kit as well. It is currently selling for $11.69 with free standard shipping. Not sure I want to deal with a MIL/CEL but still.... what if it works perfectly?
Anyone with experience using this?

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
I just came across this kit as well. It is currently selling for $11.69 with free standard shipping. Not sure I want to deal with a MIL/CEL but still.... what if it works perfectly?
Anyone with experience using this?

Just my $.02 but if that pic is accurate it looks like it narrows at the MAF like the injen ones that supposedly don’t cause a CEL but I can’t say for certain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rally Racer
1,741 Posts
Just my $.02 but if that pic is accurate it looks like it narrows at the MAF like the injen ones that supposedly don’t cause a CEL but I can’t say for certain

Thanks @bluedevil6 I went for it. Not so much because I want to run one but I figure for a hair over $10 it may be worth it to just review it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks @bluedevil6 I went for it. Not so much because I want to run one but I figure for a hair over $10 it may be worth it to just review it.
If it doesn't cause the CEL please post an update because I will also buy one, that's the only thing I hate about mine

·
Registered
42 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont know about that one but I can confirm that the injen doesnt throw a cel

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do not put any Cold Air Intake on your car! I had one on my 2006 6s Grand Sport and I had to replace the motor because it sucked up water and hydro locked the motor. Unless you’re going to do a short ram setup or install some kind of diverter valve on your intake, you’re running the risk of killing your motor every time you drive through a puddle.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Do not put any Cold Air Intake on your car! I had one on my 2006 6s Grand Sport and I had to replace the motor because it sucked up water and hydro locked the motor. Unless you’re going to do a short ram setup or install some kind of diverter valve on your intake, you’re running the risk of killing your motor every time you drive through a puddle.
Not to sound like an ass or anything but you must have drove through a deep ass puddle or you were driving harder than one should in the rain to suck water up into the CAI. I've ran CAIs in many vehicles in FL where we get flash floods and I have NEVER hydrolocked an engine. Sure I have a $15 hydro shield on my filter but that's it!!. If one is really worried about hydrolock, they could install a $70 bypass as cheap insurance in case if the do try to use their car as a boat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
DJ Raydiate
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing