Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wagon

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say all three were released at the same time. You walk into the dealership with $25,000 in your pocket. You are determined to leave with a '6. Which one do you pick?

Okay, now that we have the email to Mazda's ear, I would like to see (and perhaps direct them to) this question.

I've made it well known that the hatch, by far, is my first choice.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Body Styles'

Hatchback/Sport. Looks very sporty and more muscular than the sedan. The SportBreak is real close to the Sport!

1. Sport
2. SportBreak
3. Sedan

·
Registered
86 Posts

Sorry guys,

But I would still stick to my sedan....in fact when the car was launched here, the hatch and the sedan was going for the same price.:D

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by CHY

Sorry guys,

But I would still stick to my sedan....in fact when the car was launched here, the hatch and the sedan was going for the same price.:D[/b]
But you didn't VOTE for it...:D

·
Registered
244 Posts

Yet another opportunity for me to be different. If I would go shopping for a car today I would probably choose sedan again. I have had only few experiences with hatches (come to think of it the only hatchback I ever owned myself was Mazda) and they all rattled as hell after a while (or right away if bought used). Call me prejudiced, but I just don't trust this body style (even if it is the sexiest looking:p)

·
Registered
305 Posts

Now if we could get, oh, about 30 times more users to take the poll, Mazda might find it a meaningful sample. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts

I chose the Hatch but in my mind I will probably get the sedan since it is the first on available and I need a car real soon. Plus as Sigvard mentioned, hatchback seem to be weaker in the C pillar making the car vibrate more especially in the long run.

The sedan is not too bad looking compare to the hatch. I mean it is still a Mazda 6, right? :)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo

I chose the Hatch but in my mind I will probably get the sedan since it is the first on available and I need a car real soon.  [/b]
Understandable. And I can assure you that you can place a stroller in the trunk if necessary...:D

Plus as Sigvard mentioned, hatchback seem to be weaker in the C pillar making the car vibrate more especially in the long run.[/b]
I don't think that's true with this car. The platform is VERY stiff, thus minimizing the need for that strengthening part between the C pillars.

The sedan is not too bad looking compare to the hatch.  I mean it is still a Mazda 6, right? :)[/b]
Indeed. And a good choice it is!

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by Sigvard

Yet another opportunity for me to be different. If I would go shopping for a car today I would probably choose sedan again. I have had only few experiences with hatches (come to think of it the only hatchback I ever owned myself was Mazda) and they all rattled as hell after a while (or right away if bought used). Call me prejudiced, but I just don't trust this body style (even if it is the sexiest looking:p)[/b]
The more important question is: would you choose the 1.8 again? Or would you go for the 2.0 or the 2.3?

·
Registered
305 Posts

I finally figured out why I'm totally jazzed about the hatch's looks and not at all interested in the sedan.

Looking at the profile pics of the sedan in this topic, it looks a LOT like our old 1998 Saturn SL2, the least interesting car I've ever owned. Very similar handling of the rear window area.

·
Registered
35 Posts

I'm hoping more people will vote for a good sample size for mazda to know how HOT and SEXY the hatchback is

·
Registered
354 Posts

I think the sedan, hatch and the sportwagon looks very beautiful, all of them! But I must say that I like the hatch best , it`s a bit more stylish than the sedan.. But if I was married and had kids, then I would definently pick the Sportwagon! :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Originally posted by MazdaSpeed

I think the sedan, hatch and the sportwagon looks very beautiful, all of them! But I must say that I like the hatch best , it`s a bit more stylish than the sedan.. But if I was married and had kids, then I would definently pick the Sportwagon! :)[/b]
I gotta admit the wagon is sharp (for a wagon, that is); but I'm just not ready to accept it. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts

Number 1 for me is the hatch. It has it all, looks and versatility.

Number 2 would be the wagon, although I'm not completely happy
with the way the rear looks.

Number 3 is the sedan. It's great looking for a sedan,
but sedans are a little boring.

That being said, I've never owned a hatchback. Do they always
end up with alot of squeaks and rattles after a few years?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

No, hatchbacks don't always end up that way. I've seen many examples of this not being true. And I especially don't think that will be true with this car since it's so stiff in itself. That crossbar behind the rear seats probably doesn't add much to the stability (if at all) in the Sedan.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

No, hatchbacks don't always end up that way. I've seen many examples of this not being true. And I especially don't think that will be true with this car since it's so stiff in itself. That crossbar behind the rear seats probably doesn't add much to the stability (if at all) in the Sedan.[/b]
Well, we'll just have to wait and see then, woun't we ;).

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

True.

To be honest, I'm more worried about the high-revving 1.8 than I am for the hatch body...

·
Registered
47 Posts

I would be willing to bet there there are additional body supports either in the roof, C-Pillar, underbody, or all of the above to make up for the strength in the package tray cross-member of the sedan. I want a MazdaSpeed Hatch and I'm not concerned at all about handing or regidity being compromised by getting a hatch instead of a sedan. A hatch is so much more useful than a sedan. A big box just won't go in a door or trunk. A hatch will swallow it and have room left over!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts