Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys here's the deal......

couple weeks ago i got rear ended at a stop light by some punk kid .....the damage wasnt too bad other then the fact that the bumper came off from its clippings on both sides (mostly the drivers side) and was hangin loose.....there was also a bit of some paint damage ....as his car got the bottom half of the rear bumper and scraped a bit of paint off.

Anyways we went through insurance and he was at 100% fault, he even got a careless driving ticket......the police was there right away cause some lady called in and mentioned the other guy was street racing.....so basically his insurance was goin to cover it all.....we're both with State Farm so they were easy to work with...

Now for the repairs......The mazda dealership here in Peterborough doesnt have a body shop so they outsource it to another local body shop...well a couple actually. my parents own a shell station here in peterborough so i know most of the owners of the dealerships around me as they gas from us....PontiacGmBuick, Mazda, Toyota, Ford and a couple used car dealerships....iv heard good things about the Ford Body shop so i decided to leave my car in their hands... they were really helpful in getting me a rental which was a Nissan Altima by the way....nice car........and they assured me they will match the paint..

i gave the car in this pass Monday and decided to drive by Ford to see how my cars doin ......well it was parked outside in between these huge monster Trucks. well i thought it was good news cause my car mustv been done i stepped out to look at the rear bumper
and MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN it wass SOOOO VISIBLE ...the Paint didnt match at alll.......i mean i mustv been 20 feet away from it and i could tell already...it was horrible to look at ....my heart just sank....i was gettin so pissed.... I left the place hoping that the car wasnt done yet and they were waiting to add another coat or somthin ...i gave them a call and sure enough the guy told me the car was DONE...it was just waitin for a wash.....

I told him no it cant be and said what i saw....he said he;ll look into it and hopefully get approval to bledn the quarter panel in to match the Rear bumper......isnt that strange???? why would they have to do that??....
now the question is ......they'll probably get me in today to try releasing the car...but if i dont like it can i say no FIX IT.....and what will be my insurance ppl's stance? will they be on my side or will i have to get them down to look for themselves.....???????
i know this post is long but please if anyone has been in this situation before i need ur advice.....
Chris...ppl tell me ur the paint guru....doesnt it seem wrong they have to blend in the quarter panel to match the bumper?????

idunno im so lost.....

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
So, they eff up the bumper and they're saying that they'll blend the quarter panels to match?

Man, go there right now and save your car from those friggin morons.

·
Registered
797 Posts
yo wtf. fuck them yo tell them to get back on their ass and paint that shit again so gay man this is the problem with people painting little parts only cause paints barely ever match i was lucky that my front bumper matched good when that fuck ass reversed into me.

ok let me read what you wrote haha

yo if i were you i wouldnt accept the car untille it matches untill then they can just stroke my cock. rosh man i knew something was going to mess up like yo it took mazda 7 days to paint my bumper lmfao lazy people. and for you like what 2 days?.....i was like whoa, anyways did it look sick with your car parked with monster trucks? should have took a picture lmfao.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
lol... diablo dawg, love the way you post... but whoa, like dude, please throw in some punctuation.

peace out... bro... dawg...

·
Registered
797 Posts
lol... diablo dawg, love the way you post... but whoa, like dude, please throw in some punctuation.

peace out... bro... dawg...
[/b]
thanks man i love you too, btw go watch borat lmfao so jokes

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, they eff up the bumper and they're saying that they'll blend the quarter panels to match?

Man, go there right now and save your car from those friggin morons.
[/b]
ok i just got off the phone with State Farm and they told me that they will cover whatever FORD's body shop bills them .....to a reasonable certain degree...which was outlined by the StateFa adjuster they sent out to survey the damage....i mean they told me that Ford has to take fault in some way and it should reflect on the bill....But in the end they're sayin that it I that chose FORD....state farm never told me where to go it was up to me to decide where to take the car...so pretty much its between me and the dealer......fak!!

anyways did it look sick with your car parked with monster trucks? should have took a picture lmfao.
[/b]
hahah they weren;t actual monster trucks ......but you kknow those huge ford Pickups with those massive tires ...raised so high.....man my car looked soo innocent, being so low to the ground....a little mazda sorrounded by these massive FORD's.......i felt so bad leavin it there.

Ok this is just getting weird....Why are they sayin that Mazda's mettalic paints change within a year....
anyone with the lapis colour...is this true???????

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
There are actually 3 blues from what I have been able to dig up, 2 available in the states and 1 available here, they may have gotten the blue mixed up.

Another thing to consider is your policy with state farm. Does it say they have to use genuine Mazda parts, in which case the paint has to match 100% or can they use imitation parts (blue is blue).

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
insurance company will go for the cheapest way to have your vehicle fixed

ask for the colour code
there's is no way they could mess up in the colour code
ur car is new
even buffing it wouldn't make a difference

hell look at my car, I can't even tell the difference

·
Registered
635 Posts
Dont accept it ... if it doesnt match say it and tell them to do it again, its their fault ... I too got my rocker panel painted at the local dealer and they couldnt match the SpeedYellow paint, so I am going there again (not paying for it) ...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Sorry to hear what happened bro.

Metallic Paints are very difficult to get an exact match....yes often they do have to blend in other panels using a gradient technique. I've employed it before, and isn't difficult to do. It's considered common practice to be honest.

There will be differnt lots of colour from the same "name" in order to have an exact match someone has to pull the colour code, and ensure that they do in fact have the proper piant chip. Typical code is to apply in a door panel and see how it matches.

Why? because even in the situation where they have the proper code, it is still possible to have been imporperly mixed.

My suggestion. Don't settle until its right. You have that right, and you have the right to not pay until it meets your satisfaction. Any good Ford dealer will have that posted somewhere too. That "we strive to meet or exceed your needs".

Keep me posted man.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are actually 3 blues from what I have been able to dig up, 2 available in the states and 1 available here, they may have gotten the blue mixed up.

Another thing to consider is your policy with state farm. Does it say they have to use genuine Mazda parts, in which case the paint has to match 100% or can they use imitation parts (blue is blue).
[/b]
ya he said they have to be OEM meaning original paint......for example they cant replace the bumper with a cheap japanese one....it has to be original.

anyways i called them this morning....and the guy seemed pretty confident that the paint is matching.....but he still doesnt know if it will be available for pick up this evening, regardless im goin to drive-by and take a look..

lets just hope for the best..

Sorry to hear what happened bro.

Metallic Paints are very difficult to get an exact match....yes often they do have to blend in other panels using a gradient technique. I've employed it before, and isn't difficult to do. It's considered common practice to be honest.

There will be differnt lots of colour from the same "name" in order to have an exact match someone has to pull the colour code, and ensure that they do in fact have the proper piant chip. Typical code is to apply in a door panel and see how it matches.

[/b]
Thats exactly what they told me........as long as i wont be able to tell the difference then im happy.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
got the car back.....and i must admit they did a fine job this time around.......The difference is hardly noticeable and they even got rid of the ugly purple..better yet known as "Lapis curse".......

but it seems as tho i got some other bad news.....the clutch is gone....so its yet at the shop again gettin worked on as we speak....
these pass couple weeks havent been good....

hopefullyl my luck will change....will post pics soontime

·
Registered
364 Posts
The difference is hardly noticeable and they even got rid of the ugly purple..better yet known as "Lapis curse".......
[/b]
What's this "Lapis curse" you speak of? The metallic flake is what gives the color it's "blurple".
A Lapis Blue 6 is no Lapis Blue without the "blurple". :love:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
got the car back.....and i must admit they did a fine job this time around.......The difference is hardly noticeable and they even got rid of the ugly purple..better yet known as "Lapis curse".......

but it seems as tho i got some other bad news.....the clutch is gone....so its yet at the shop again gettin worked on as we speak....
these pass couple weeks havent been good....

hopefullyl my luck will change....will post pics soontime
[/b]
How many km have you got? Just curious since I have a 2005 as well.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Clutch's gone? How many miles you got? And what do you mean by "gone"? Self-diagnosis, guess, or did someone look at the situation?

And, the car's in the shop getting worked on? New clutch being put in? If so, OEM Mazda clutch or aftermarket?

Which shop? Dealer or private?

The clutch going is serious business (and expensive with a capital X), so be prepared to answer a lot of questions from us... err... me.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I have a SPEC Stage 1 clutch for sale if you are interested. I'll let it go for $250, I paid around $400 to get it delivered. But since I have another clutch and I don't need 2 and you need 1 let me know.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts