Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and all I found on the tokoyo auto salon mazdaspeed6 was body kit stuffs. Mazda tuned these cars themselves and made 300HP on the MS6. All they did was remap the ECU and put on a larger intercooler.

While I love the hood on that car with the side flares, that would be all I want on the top. What I want to know is what intercooler did they use, how was it mounted, what changed on the ecu, and where can I buy it?
We all think of preformance parts for our cars, but now that MAZDA made ths car with few changes (relitively few) would this be something we can do after market? Anything to get closer to the holy 10lbs:1hp ratio.

Taken From Edmunds Inside Line:

Mazda has taken three of its most popular cars — the MX-5, RX-8 and Mazda 6 — and given them the Mazdaspeed treatment. That means they've all been painted in a special Mazda blue, a color which Mazda tells us hasn't been named yet. Engineers also raided high-performance parts bins to fit all three concepts with stiffer Bilstein suspension, uprated four-piston Mazdaspeed brake calipers, and buckets of raunchy aero parts. And by fitting the Mazda 6 with a remapped ECU and larger intercooler, Mazda has upped power to 300 hp. And if the market likes what it sees, Mazda says it will consider sales in both Japan and overseas. On the production-car side, two new stock MPVs also appeared, but without the 245-hp turbocharged 2.3-liter 4WD model, due for release in early February.

·
Registered
490 Posts
300HP at wheels???
With a remap of the ECU to stop the 15.6psi bleed off and to remove the detent/retard in timing which ensures smog passing AND a front mount IC with the correct piping(larger is NOT better, just as in the exhaust, I can see that.
with 18% loss and on 91 Octane, I made roughly 265HP at crank.
Given the correct flow and density in charge of the proper IC setup, I can see another 20% increase. Mostly from the efficiency of the IC. Ours on the stock MS6 is maybe 50% efficient. Which is poor at best. Yet better than no IC from stock.
So with an added 20% due to proper setup and efficiency of at least 70% from an FMIC>>> 317HP at crank would be in the ballpark.
I say nothing more. :thumbup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of some pics of this "TASMS6" I ve doen a google and searched all results and still nothing. Id really like to check this thing out.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Just sitting here drooling over this 300hp reflash ECU and bigger IC! When and where Mazda? I want to buy now. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
thanks for the link. i was actually already talking to my buddy to see if he could paint mine some sort of blue like this. now i know for sure i am!

·
Registered
382 Posts
FMIC FMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
IU emailed Mazda and the said that the parts on that car were "test" parts for the Japan market and not yet available in eather Japan or the US. Sorry guys, it seems we still wait.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm diggin' that hood with the vents in the sides, and the brakes. I love the brakes on this car, but sure would like to have some more aesthetically pleasing calipers! I'm hoping someone will release a 4-piston caliper upgrade to work with the factory 12.6" rotors.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'm diggin' that hood with the vents in the sides, and the brakes. I love the brakes on this car, but sure would like to have some more aesthetically pleasing calipers! I'm hoping someone will release a 4-piston caliper upgrade to work with the factory 12.6" rotors.
[/b]
that HOOD gets my vote... Would be alot cheaper than modding mine for the IC. ;)

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Wow... and all those are overseas correct?

Stupid question: is the Mazdaspeed6 in Japan/overseas the same as the USDM MS6? Or os it different, liek the USDM 2.3 and JDM 2.0L ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the Uk there is a rumour among the dealers that the 300BHP upgrade will be a dealer fit option over here, with warranty intact! Heard this two months ago from two dealers.
This is even more impressive over here as our BHP is lower than US to begin with

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Oh man I want that hood :drool:

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Do remember that many auto companies now "mock up" parts for auto shows.

Just because there is piping in the car, doesn't mean the car actually runs, or that the piping is even hooked up.

EVOLVE, a tuner company sponsored by volvo, got into some deep crap for doing that type of stuff. They showed an S60R completely decked out in all sorts of crazy aftermarket parts...it was all "concept" of what they'd like to do. The parts never actually came out.

The term "all show and no go" really applies these days.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Crossbow,

Normally I would agree with you. Normally I look at show cars and shrug my shoulders. But MAZDA themselves made this car. and Mazda is pretty good about their show cars. I happen to know a guy who did a show car for mazda and he had to to supply tons of info before they accepted it. if it took that much info to show a kit for a miata, I wonder what MAZDA takes themselves through.

Also the car with the FMIC is not the Mazda blue car I was looking at. I doubt Mazda gave up the TMIC so easily. With the tiny turbo on this car, it would need as little ducting as possible to not have boost PSI that would make your head hurt.

Also from the way they say it it sounds like they have reached those numbers. Larger intercooler and ECU remap. They didnt get crazy concept on us. I can honestly see those things making a differance.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
16 Participants
randyz
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing