Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugg, I overslept and didn't get to my car in time to move it for street cleaning. So I guess they decided to take revenge and clean the paint off my car.

take a look

[attachmentid=17470]

The bristols of the cleaner took the paint right off! Thank god its on the bottom where its not that noticeable, but needless to say, I want it fixed. Touch up paint simply wont do. But I got an estimate (i think its crazy for something like this) of over $300 to repaint that area. Without doing research, I think it would be cheaper to just buy a new piece from mazda! lol

Unfortunately I dont want to lose my car for 4 days, waiting for them to install something that should take 30 min.

So I was wondering if anyone here was selling a used (good condition) side skirt (is that what its called? Sorry, I don't know much about cars)

Color - Satin Silver M C
TL/26A/28H

Or if you guys know of an online store that deals with this piece as well. Either would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man...that sux. Sorry about that. But, you might want to consider repainting yourself. Check out Paintscratch for color matching and tips here:

http://www.paintscratch.com/brush.htm

or the guide to detailing info here:

http://guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=27

Good luck either way. :)
[/b]
not possible. What the picture doesnt show, mainly because I shrank it for the forums, are the hundreds of minor, not so deep scratches that the bristols did. Once dirty water settles into them, they are damn noticeable. Friggin asses. Wish I would have caught them in the act.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Aargh...well, that totally sux. Sorry. Looks like replacement time. :(

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
when i got my car fixed, the one sideskirt (rocker molding) was more expensive the front bumper. figure that one out.

check out jimclick or one of the other 6club sponsers, they'll take care of you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when i got my car fixed, the one sideskirt (rocker molding) was more expensive the front bumper. figure that one out.
check out jimclick or one of the other 6club sponsers, they'll take care of you.
[/b]

yeah, I called them earlier with no answer. I left Sabrina a PM. She helped me out in the past.
thx

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
if it was a city vehicle that did that i would go to the city and demand that they pay for the damage.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well guess what i found out today :( Oh yes I was to lazy aswell and I got scratches from front of side skirt to back accept mine is very noticeable..but only if you bend down a little b/c it is actually right where the door and side skirt meet.. :( So I reccomend everyone never do go to a carwash..

But maybe now I have an excuse for a body kit :sarc:

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Well guess what i found out today :( Oh yes I was to lazy aswell and I got scratches from front of side skirt to back accept mine is very noticeable..but only if you bend down a little b/c it is actually right where the door and side skirt meet.. :( So I reccomend everyone never do go to a carwash..

But maybe now I have an excuse for a body kit :sarc:
[/b]
It's either noticeable or not noticeable. You being the owner would notice it more then anyone. If you want to get a body kit, then by all means get one. But... if the damage is superficial just shake it off and stop thinking about it.

I a have dime size dent and scrapes in my rear bumper. The cheapest it will be for me to fix it right is 200 bucks. No one sees it, but me. So, if you can live wit it, save your money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts