Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jus a curious question to see if anyone knows..

about how much should labor be of installing a body kit, front/rear bumpers, side sills, grille maybe..

is it worth it? or should i jus do it myself?

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
do it yourself, you'll feel much better about it when you finish it. plus, it won't cost you an arm and a leg to get it done.

IIRC, erak had his body kit painted and fitted for $1400.

what kind of kit did you buy and where did you get it from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do it yourself, you'll feel much better about it when you finish it. plus, it won't cost you an arm and a leg to get it done.

IIRC, erak had his body kit painted and fitted for $1400.

what kind of kit did you buy and where did you get it from?
[/b]
i havent bought it yet.. i was actually jus gonna get the stock sport kit put on.. they wouldnt need to paint it tho.. i really wasnt trying to spend thaaat much money..

how hard is it to put it on urself?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i havent bought it yet.. i was actually jus gonna get the stock sport kit put on.. they wouldnt need to paint it tho.. i really wasnt trying to spend thaaat much money..

how hard is it to put it on urself?
[/b]
If its the stock sport package do it yourself for sure. Fitment *should* be perfect, just a matter of undoing some bolts, and putting on the new pieces.

·
Registered
735 Posts
If it's a fiberglass body kit I would estimate at least $1000. I only have a front bumper and side skirts and if I wouldn't have done the fitting and prep work myself it would have been about $1200.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
he's wanting to go with the factory sport kit, so he wouldn't have to pay anyone to paing it or fit it to his car. it's OEM, so it's all going to be just like it came from factory.

i tell you what though, bro...it's not going to be cheap from factory. look at our board sponsor and try to get it from them.

click here

look at post #7. that has the information you need. i don't think they come painted, though. look around in that post, it has some pretty good information there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was gonna get it from rosenthal mazda (finishlineperformance.com) theyre actually only 15 min away from me (doesnt matter tho since its free shipping).

but im really thinkin about just doing it myself now tho.. if eryones saying it wouldnt be thaat hard..

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
if it was an aftermarket supplier other than accolade, yes it would be hard. but since it's from Mazda, you aren't going to have the fitment issues so popular when getting a body kit. as for the sideskirts, i'm not sure how it is from Mazda OEM, but i'm almost certain you are going to have to do some drilling...yes, into the bottom of your car.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Mine cost $1,500 give or take for:
Fitting/Molding Kenstyle rear to stock bumper
Fitting Kenstyle Sideskirts
Minor work to BR Front Bumper
Fixing a crack on the edge of my hood
V style hood paint
Painting my: Hood, Driver side doors, back bumper, side skirts, and driver side front fender

I got a good deal :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
he's wanting to go with the factory sport kit, so he wouldn't have to pay anyone to paing it or fit it to his car. it's OEM, so it's all going to be just like it came from factory.
[/b]
Won't be exactly like it came from the factory. Dealers do not get shipments from Mazda with the bumper covers already painted. A dealer is sent one without paint, and each dealership goes to his regular paint people to get it done.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm surprised no one said this.... don't get a shop to install your grille. It's a waste of money. I installed mine at 4 in the morning piss drunk in the middle of snow falling. Its really easy just pop the hood, take out the 2 screws holding the grille , once thats out there's 4 clips that you have to pop out, then reverse the process with the new grille. This will literally take you 3 minutes tops 2 min sober.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I got a quote for $450 CAD paint and install aero kit (4 piece)
fiberglass, i think it's really cheap

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
blue6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing