Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Mazda 6i Touring w/ automatic, and it recently started making this creaking sound whenever I accelerate or brake a little harshly. It seems to happen on front left side of vehicle, definitely front though. I would think its something moving, because if noise happens on braking, it won't happen again on braking until I accelerate quickly(which also causes noise). Took it to my dealer and they said it was body flex and is normal? If its normal I don't understand why it just starting happening, and it seems to be getting worse, in that it takes a less abrupt change in speed to cause noise. If I turn on hit bumps while braking/ or accelerating it also seems to cause noise, even if i'm not changing speed that quickly.

Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
QUOTE (czb182 @ Feb 4 2010, 09:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634731
Any Ideas?[/b]
I would check the suspension components, starting on the corner that seems to be making the noise. Weight transfer during acceleration or braking could make something like a failing ball joint, tie-rod end, control arm bushing, or anti-roll bar end-link make clunking or creaking noises.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have a 2009s and noticed it last year about 2 months after I got the car. It went away after about a month. I never heard it again, so I didn't go to the dealer with it.

Maybe it was just something on the car settling in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If the dealer thought it was body flex, they should get a good lawyer cause body flex causing a noise would be serious structural issue. Now if they would have said that the drivers door was slightly misaligned, that might have made some more sense.

But seriously, check the suspension. If it's real cold where you are, even a suspension with no problems can make some noise. Look for damaged bushings on the anti sway bar.

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE (czb182 @ Feb 4 2010, 09:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1634731
I have a 2010 Mazda 6i Touring w/ automatic, and it recently started making this creaking sound whenever I accelerate or brake a little harshly. It seems to happen on front left side of vehicle, definitely front though. I would think its something moving, because if noise happens on braking, it won't happen again on braking until I accelerate quickly(which also causes noise). Took it to my dealer and they said it was body flex and is normal? If its normal I don't understand why it just starting happening, and it seems to be getting worse, in that it takes a less abrupt change in speed to cause noise. If I turn on hit bumps while braking/ or accelerating it also seems to cause noise, even if i'm not changing speed that quickly.

Any Ideas?[/b]
If it's cold and speed bumps do it - that's usually swaybar bushings. I had that happening on my mazda6 but after a car wash it was fine --- must have been salt built up under the vehicle for me.

It's new, it shouldn't creak, make them fix it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Ernie @ Feb 14 2010, 08:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637022
If it's cold and speed bumps do it - that's usually swaybar bushings. I had that happening on my mazda6 but after a car wash it was fine --- must have been salt built up under the vehicle for me.

It's new, it shouldn't creak, make them fix it.[/b]
Its about 40-60F out here. It makes noise usually on bumps, sharp turns, abrupt stops and heavy acceleration. Wanted to take it to dealer today but said earliest they could get to it was friday morning.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (czb182 @ Feb 15 2010, 12:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1637135
Its about 40-60F out here. It makes noise usually on bumps, sharp turns, abrupt stops and heavy acceleration. Wanted to take it to dealer today but said earliest they could get to it was friday morning.[/b]
Went to dealer today like they said, and they were still too busy :sarc: I got a little frustrated, so they said bring it wednesday, and they will provide a ride.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm not thrilled with Mazda dealership customer service so far. Subaru seems like "the new saturn" for caring what customers think. It's too bad - Mazda has nice vehicles, but they haven't really tuned into the audience they're attracting with the Mz6 (Accord and Camry would-be owners).

Keep us updated.

-Ernie

·
Registered
924 Posts
QUOTE (Ernie @ Feb 20 2010, 09:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638511
I'm not thrilled with Mazda dealership customer service so far. Subaru seems like "the new saturn" for caring what customers think. It's too bad - Mazda has nice vehicles, but they haven't really tuned into the audience they're attracting with the Mz6 (Accord and Camry would-be owners).

Keep us updated.

-Ernie[/b]
It really all depends on your dealer. My dealer has been great. Prompt service and friendly. You mention Subaru, They happen to have a Lincoln-Mercury, Subaru, and Mazda dealer in the same building. All I'm saying is don't lump all Mazda dealerships together.

·
Registered
659 Posts
QUOTE (Tom Z @ Feb 20 2010, 10:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1638521
It really all depends on your dealer. My dealer has been great. Prompt service and friendly. You mention Subaru, They happen to have a Lincoln-Mercury, Subaru, and Mazda dealer in the same building. All I'm saying is don't lump all Mazda dealerships together.[/b]
This isn't an idle observation. Adzam Mazda: eager to get you in, take FOREVER (2.5 hours to mount tires) and still scratch your OE rims. Colonial Mazda: Bankers hours; don't return calls. Stamford Mazda: competitive prices (with Bently/Rolls Royce/Aston Martin of Greenwich)

What I mean is that corporate doesn't really reward good dealers. Yours will be an exception, not a rule.

As an example, I got **** service from Danbury, Brewster & Greenwich Honda . . . I wrote corporate and they basically said "well, we don't really have any control over them".

We've been to 4 different Subi dealerships and (regardless of what we did there) we got follow-up calls from both corporate and the local place . . .

Hold onto a good dealership if you have one --- our original poster does NOT have a decent dealership.

-Ernie

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it to dealer today for different fix(steering wheel making noise) and got so focused on other problem(forum thread "brake clunk") that forgot about this one : ( they may even be related, though they are two separate sounds, no telling.

Anyways, need to bring it back next week because they have to fix issue with squeak at idle(some exhaust noise apparently, "fixed" once already) so will bring up this issue again.

Frustrating : (

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Took it to dealer today, actually different dealer, looks like they got bought out. They had to replace my cat converter and seal because of squeaking noise at idle. The gasket was replaced months back, but was sqeaking again, hopefully this time it stays fixed.

Anyways, they said the check the suspension and everything was tight, so its all good. I asked about noise, and they said sometimes things make noise as they move around. THe noise has been getting worse and worse over time, so I told him, and he was like don't worry. I didn't feel like arguing so I just picked it up. Can smell stuff guess from new cat. I'm thinking at this point I will just wait until something breaks since apparently dealers have zero interest in actually trying to fix anything that isn't immediately noticeable.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still no resolution. Took it too dealer couple weeks ago to fix squeak at idle(3rd time). Apparently the crew is deaf, because they said they couldn't but anyways... I took service manager for test drive to show him noise. He heard it, and wasn't sure what it was. He said he has heard similar noise on couple vehicles before(not Mazda) and they fixed it by re-tightening CV joints or something.

The noise seems to have settled, as in it doesn't seem to be getting any worse. It seems like it happens at left and right at vehicle, typically two distinct pops when accelerating or braking aggressively.

Wish I could stop wasting my time chasing these issues, but oh how they annoy me

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today dealer retorqued some stuff, besides lug nuts they had CV hub shaft or something retorqued.

Problem still exist with no change : (

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know about the state that you're in but in New York, that'd be in violation of the Lemon Law. In NY, if the dealer can't fix any warrantied problem in three-four tries, they are obligated to either replace the car or refund your money in accordance with the Lemon Law.

If the dealers aren't willing to cooperate, it may be time to get a lawyer and/or read up on your state's policies regarding new cars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've look at LA lemon law a bit, looks like four tries to fix something, but that is only in span of 1 year. I've had my vehicle for 1 yr 3 months : ( It probably wouldnt apply anyway, since dealer always put "could not reproduce" BS each time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts