Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need to get my new bumper, BR racing bumper, painted, reinforced and install and need some recommendations for a local shop. Last time I had paint work done, I brought it to a Geico recommended place in Springfield (Cherner Autobody) and they sucked.

Also, from Merv's recommendation, I would like to have the front of the lip reinforced so I dont' have to worry about spider cracking, just in case I bottom out :slap:

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm going to recommend the same place i have in every other thread. They did the body kit on my integra and it was beautiful till i tapped the rear of a honda accord with it. They might be a little on the pricey side, i don't know, but i can vouch for the quality of their work. They are the only people i would let do body work.

Vertex Motorsports, Mclean, VA

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have a thread in here somewhere. Pohanka collision on South Four Mile. They were recommended by USAA and have a lifetime guarantee on the paint job (at least through USAA they do). Not very cheap but flawless and I went through insurance so they prolly jacked the price up a bit.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I decided to go with the guy Merv (Zeroefxs) has his done with. The guy is taking off my old bumper, painting my new BR full bumper, reinstalling my fog lights, installing my new JDM angled license plate, painting the mesh black for the openings, installing the bumper, reinforncing the entire lip with sheet metal, sanding the dings out and repainting my rear bumper for $675.

Hopefully everything comes out well...we'll see in a few days!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I got my 6 back today, pretty quick turnaround.

A couple fo things wrong:
The bumper and rear came out great and are sturdy (reinforced) as hell.
I think they may have shorted out some of my bulbs, my rear blinkers and passenger side fog light don't work
My loud/large horn doesn't work
They didn't clearcoat the mesh in my grills (though he did it there after I asked him

Now I have to go back and have them fix the electrical stuff :swearin:

I would recommend this shop for the painting quality, quick turn-around, friendly, know-for-all and what they can do (he made special housing so my fogs would fit as well as steel reinforced my fiberglass bumper)

Just be sure to check every little thing before you leave!!! :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
So I got my 6 back today, pretty quick turnaround.

A couple fo things wrong:
The bumper and rear came out great and are sturdy (reinforced) as hell.
I think they may have shorted out some of my bulbs, my rear blinkers and passenger side fog light don't work
My loud/large horn doesn't work
They didn't clearcoat the mesh in my grills (though he did it there after I asked him

Now I have to go back and have them fix the electrical stuff :swearin:

I would recommend this shop for the painting quality, quick turn-around, friendly, know-for-all and what they can do (he made special housing so my fogs would fit as well as steel reinforced my fiberglass bumper)

Just be sure to check every little thing before you leave!!! :yesnod:
[/b]
Yeah I should have mention that too :)

But other than that he does good work, can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Appreciate the recommendation though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts