Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a flyer in the mail about the above event. I've heard about it previously, and I might try it out this year. According to the flyer, you can test-drive a set of specially-marked BMWs, and for each mile you drive, BMW donates $1 to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. They (supposedly) offer an example of the 3, 5, 6 and 7 Series, as well as the Z4, X3 and X5.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has participated in this event previously, and what the basic procedure, and any restrictions, are. Sounds like a cool thing, and since my Aunt is a survivor, I definitely believe in the cause.

What do ya think?

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If it's going on in south jersey I will gladly donate $50 to the cause :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have!! OMG its awesome. My boyfriends mom is a breast cancer survivor, so she does it every year. When boyfriend and I were in Michigan last October, it was going on. They pretty much have every model possible. You've gotta sign up online, and you pick two models. When you get there, they ask for your license, stamp your hand with "driver" or "passenger" and pretty much hand you the keys. You've got a set course. Ours was 10 miles. A little straight road, a little curvy road, and some highway and back to the dealer. The cars are marked with pink ribbons. When we got there, they didn't have that many ppl show up, so we got to drive almost all the models. They want miles on the cars, so if there aren't a lot of ppl there, they'll let you drive as many cars as many times as you want. They also have one sitting in the showroom that isn't being driven, and you get to sign it, and its auctioned off or I think it might go to the smithsonian. I can't remember. Anyway, it was an awesome time. We drove the X5 V8, 3-Series Convert., 2 Z4s - one sport, one non, 5-series, and the 740i. And OMG. You've gotta do it. Hell, if for no other reason, you're driving for a good cause. I suggest taking a passenger with you. I was the passenger, so I got to play with all the buttons, so bring someone with you that can play with everything and show you. You guys can take turns driving the cars.

Oh, and no salesman go with you. You go by yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
I have!! OMG its awesome. My boyfriends mom is a breast cancer survivor, so she does it every year. When boyfriend and I were in Michigan last October, it was going on. They pretty much have every model possible. You've gotta sign up online, and you pick two models. When you get there, they ask for your license, stamp your hand with "driver" or "passenger" and pretty much hand you the keys. You've got a set course. Ours was 10 miles. A little straight road, a little curvy road, and some highway and back to the dealer. The cars are marked with pink ribbons. When we got there, they didn't have that many ppl show up, so we got to drive almost all the models. They want miles on the cars, so if there aren't a lot of ppl there, they'll let you drive as many cars as many times as you want. They also have one sitting in the showroom that isn't being driven, and you get to sign it, and its auctioned off or I think it might go to the smithsonian. I can't remember. Anyway, it was an awesome time. We drove the X5 V8, 3-Series Convert., 2 Z4s - one sport, one non, 5-series, and the 740i. And OMG. You've gotta do it. Hell, if for no other reason, you're driving for a good cause. I suggest taking a passenger with you. I was the passenger, so I got to play with all the buttons, so bring someone with you that can play with everything and show you. You guys can take turns driving the cars.

Oh, and no salesman go with you. You go by yourself.
[/b]
Yep. Me and Skills007 went to a BMW event (not the benefit) over in NY at Shea Stadium. They were about to close up shop for the test drives, so we ended up peeling out the Z4s the X3s and the wife drove the 3 series. Its an awesome time!!! Great event to go to and great cause! :drive:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
kpjimmy
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing