Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Reading Topic: BMW or M6

Which BMW? New?

If money was no object, I'd have a 3-series convertible. (Just because I miss the drop top.)

If you're not wallowing in cash, the 6 offers plenty of power, driving excitement, and comfort, as well as Mazda reliability and repair costs, for a lot less than the BMW.

Plus you don't get that "look at me, aren't I impressive, I drive a beemer" yuppie stigma. :)

·
Registered
464 Posts

if money is no option? BMW mos definetely. Wouldnt even have to think about it. Its just quite simply a better car.

Let me edit my post...im assuming you mean 3 series car.

·
Registered
350 Posts

Never BMW the interior is soo outdated.
The last 3-series front look like a cheap Mondeo.

All new BMW-models is ugly so I think the value will fall.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Go for the 6 man. There are so many 3 series beemers here in Toronto. At least with the 6 you'll be one of the few on the road. However, if money was no option than you should go for the M5. :)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

If money's no option, he would just smack down the cash for a Murcielago. :p Honestly though, I'd go for the 3 series. I personally love the style and there's just something about BMWs...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

I looked a 325 while car shopping, more for the fact I could get a manual tranny with it, the BMW name I could care less about. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic cars, just over priced. I've saved 10K getting a 6, and I think I have 95% of the performance and quality of what a 325 has. Its not just the upfront cost, its also the cost of repairs after the warranty, which is not cheap. Not to mention, modding a BMW is a pain in the ass. I'm hoping that the G35 helps bring the price of a BMW down, now that they aren't the only sports sedan game in town. Maybe then I'd think about buying one. dollor for dollar, the 6 kicks the crap out of the 325.

·
Registered
391 Posts

I would get Bimmer if I had money. But I dont see why I should pay double or probably triple for maintanance than M6. Plus I can get M6 fully loaded for price of used bimmer that comes without cd player. At least that how cheaper mercedes-benz are. I dont see why I should give $35,000 for a car without Cd-player. But still, bimmer is better car overall if money was no problem. Especially the new M3.

·
Registered
212 Posts

BMW's are true driver's cars and beat almost all competition in most areas WHEN price is no object. Like Brillo said, the 6 is simply unbeatable in the value category. For me, it was Mazda6 vs. Audi A4 decision. The Mazda won because I couldn't justify spending the extra thousands of dollars for the A4.

·
Registered
37 Posts

'cmon guys.... I've owned BMW's in tha past and currently.... Mazda's don't even fall into the same class as BMW. There's no way you can compare the two.

btw... if you call it a "beemer" you've never been an owner... j/k

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

European Car of the Year Awards the Mazda6 came in 2nd. Only too Mercedes. It beat BMW in it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Performance wise the Mazda6s matches up well with the 330i pretty well. Price wise it comes in well under even the "cheapest" 3 series. I don't think these cars are really competitors at this point, but I'll play along.

If money is no object, I'd buy an M3 without question. If money is slightly an object, then probably I'd lease the 330i. If you don't make the big bucks or just don't like to spend the big bucks, then the 6 offers a tremendously appealing combination of driving dynamics, smooth looks, and amenities. It's not approaching the luxury class, but as a sports sedan it's tough to beat, especially dollar for dollar.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts