Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/images/3junbmw1.JPG[img]

[img]http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/images/3junbmw2.JPG[img]

Still features that Cooky I-Drive system, but much simpler to use appararently :sarc

So what do you think ??????????

Responses Please..........

·
Registered
262 Posts
Reading Topic: BMW 5 Series

Do not like the rear at all, at least not from the angle that I can see in those pictures. Other than that, it looks like the same tried-and-true design from BMW, albeit with sleeker lines.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

This design makes the car look back-heavy. I like the front, but that's about it for now. It may grow on me. I've never liked BMW interiors and this one sure isn't gonna win me over.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Looks better than the 7 series, but that's not saying much. The rear quarter is too busy, and the taillights look like they're straight off a Kia. I don't care for the headlight treatment either. They look like the eyebrows from a kabuki actor.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Replying to Topic 'BMW 5 Series'

I like it!

If I were looking for a premium lux/sport sedan, I'd buy one. I'd buy it long before the GS/A6/E-class/M45.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Originally posted by junkan

It's so ugly that I must run and puke![/b]
:D

I hope you are feeling better now !!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Couple of other pics I was trying to put up before....Not actually sure if these are Photoshop Pics, anyway....

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Eval:

Taillights: Look like they're off of a Kia. But at least it's not that clear crap.

The rest of the rear looks bulky.

Front: The headlights look like the eyes of a sultry woman. I never liked the split grill, and I still don't. Actually, I've become numb to it, it's neither here nor there to me - therefore I don't like it. The swooping lines from the hood to the headlights are nice.

The wheels: One set of wheels are hideous. They are ugly, and they look too big. The others are OK.

The front door section and A-pillar look like a Nissan.

The only think that holds me against the interior is that I like the "T" console style. Other than that, the interior looks nice.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Is it just me, or does the new 5 and 7 look VERY 'slab sided'?? Whereas the previous 7 and current 5 look like they flow front to rear, these new cars almost seem as if the doors were just sort of *bolted on* the side of the car. They just don't seem to fit with the flow of the car.

Same with the current 7's trunk. The lid doesn't fit, it just looks slapped on top of the rear end. The new 5 is better, but not great.

I've always loved the way a BMW drives, and you can get a manual tranny on almost every car they make. However, whereas I used to find Mercedes too cushy for my tastes (and they probably still are); Mercedes' latest vehicles are drop dead gorgeous, particularly the incredibly sexy SL.....

If I feel that way, I can't imagine how many out there just want either a BMW or a Mercedes because of the status, and I GUARANTEE they'll be choosing a Mercedes more and more, while these new BMWs will force people away from BMW and to Mercedes.

Chris Bangle has got to be stopped. I'm dumbfounded as to why BMW still has him around. I predict that within 5 years, Mercedes sales will increase at a much greater rate than BMW, and I guarantee the biggest reason will be because of styling.

BMW's have become less desireable in my eye. I'd love a 3 series, but if the new one looks like the new 5 and 7, forget it. I don't like the way the 3 drives enough to make me drive an ugly car. And I'll be very bummed..... :(

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: BMW 5 Series

There is no flow in the design at all...

Bangle should dangle :D :D

No but I like the Z4 and I think the new 6-series will be rather cool. But he destroys already good looking cars.
But this is a thing you can see both at Toyota, Volvo, Nissan (the list goes on) - they get stranger and/or uglier for every new model year...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts