Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting really frustrated with my infotainment system. For a while now, it occasionally reboots itself usually within a few minutes of starting the car and especially when it's cold.

It was in the dealer recently and they updated the software. This morning it wouldn't connect to my iphone 8. It says trying to connect to my iphone and just stays like that. It never times out.

I did a forget this device on my iphone and now I'm screwed. When I go to Settings: Devices and click on bluetooth it goes right into trying to connect and never gives up. I left it that way for a half hour and it just kept trying to connect. Since it never gives up, I can't get to the screen to delete it and re-pair.

I tried resetting to default settings but that apparently doesn't get rid of any devices you have paired. Any suggestions or do I have to take it back to the dealer?

BTW, the update did not fix the resetting problem. Still does it virtually every morning. Dealer said warming up the Nav SD card could help. WTF? Really? I need to pull the card and warm it up every morning?

Love my car but the infotainment system is buggy as hell.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Try starting the car without your phone in hand so the system will not try to connect. Then bring your phone inside the car and try connecting using the Bluetooth connect function in the iPhone’s settings. Hopefully this will reset the connection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had an issue on my 16 GT where it would reboot the infotainment system when it was cold. Indeed the issue is the navigation SD card. I simply ejected the SD card and haven’t had a reboot yet.

I had my dealer update the system but the only fix for now was eject the navigation SD card. I typically use google maps anyways but sucks that this is the “fix”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts