Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought the Blue Tooth system that they sell in Europe for the 6?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Has anyone bought the Blue Tooth system that they sell in Europe for the 6?
[/b]
No... but now I am interested. Did not know about it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
nokia and motorola sell very nice bluetooth handsfree kits you can get in the states..dont know about the euro models cant be much difference?

·
Registered
201 Posts
nokia and motorola sell very nice bluetooth handsfree kits you can get in the states..dont know about the euro models cant be much difference?
[/b]
Of course... I assumed he meant some type of factory option that was available in Europe.

If we are simply talking about a Parrot or Nokia kit... you can find those anywhere.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I am just going to guess that it's not much different than aftermarket ones just becaues you don't have an integrated mic, etc. with this kit either.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do you know?

·
Registered
829 Posts
well, the reason why I would want a bluetooth solution from the factory is if you can integrate the system into your radio/dash, have the mic built into the car somewhere and hidden. To me, that's the only reason to pay a premium to get a system from Mazda.

This looks like another add-on ones, could even bee made by another company. I mean, it says that it's what, 450 installed? That's like $700 USD right? You can easily get a bluetooth kit for like $100 to $200. If it's not going to be integrated (you know, like Acuras, it's part of their voice commands, steering wheel controls, etc.), I don't think it's worth the extra money.

I've installed a couple of these, even hooked it up to the stereo so that it mutes when a call comes in, etc. Works fairly well, and cheap...less than $200 (free labor of course).

·
Registered
17 Posts
The accessory I saw (last page, MCAF 1193/MCAF1196) lists certain phones that its compatible with. They (at least the Motorola ones) are NOT bluetooth enables phones. So... I think this means that it is an adaptor to use your non-bluetooth phone with some sort of factory integrated bluetooth system. You would have to have bought the car with the bluetooth system already installed, and then this accessory would allow your non-bluetooth phone (from the compatible list) to work with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts