Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 mazda 6 and i want to convert the tails from the red color to blue w/ red sorta like the mazdaspeed version I've seen
But I want to make sure I get the right stuff and follow the right process. If I follow the sticky post above for the nightshading and just use blue paint will that work? "Pinned: HOW TO : Tint rear taillights with Niteshades"

I read the post and that is the outcome I would like to see I just need to know

what kind of paint do I need to get to match my Lapis Blue 03' mazda6 ?

thanks

·
Registered
805 Posts
You may want to check with your local laws because I believe that you are required to have red markers on the rear of your vehicle. As far as painting is concerned, if you want paint that matches your car color, check paintscratch.com. Its all about how many coats you apply. The more paint the darker it will get.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
To match your lapis blue, go to an automotive paint shop or paintscratch.com and have them make you a can that matches. Then do it like the nightshades...Just don't spray too much

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
if you keep the circular cutouts, you could paint using the paint from paintscratch.com

follow the same procedure.

i was actually thinking of painting mine black, i ended up just retinting them darker.

do it, the chevy impala had body painted lights like that, so i think the cops wont give you shit for it :)

hopefully.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I think I misunderstood what he was asking... lol. For some reason I took his question as "I don't want any more red at all" (as in cover the entire light) and my first thought was "there has to be red!!" Didn't even think that he meant just the red part around the rings that light up... Duh... Ok, please forgive me

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the help I pretty much was looking to match the way the mazdaspeed6 looks like in the rear. Yes I still want and have to keep red but i want the background of the tails in blue matching the lapis blue car

thank you

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Yeah, cracking the rear lights is impossible, they have to be cut open. It CAN be done, just hard to make it look good.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Are these things any good?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SPARKING-SILVER-MAZDA-6...1QQcmdZViewItem

Just wondering if that might be a look you're going for, I know i've seen lapis blue colored ones, along with most of the other colors as well. Figured it couldnt hurt to throw it out there.
[/b]

it has been stated like a million times... those DONT fit north american taillights.

people, please stop posting links to those crappy ebay things...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i'm left with the nightshading option (that is pinned up top) with blue paint or pay for the mazdaspeed lights

i've seen two pictures of this done one was someon from NJ and another was another was from PA

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
dabears2k
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing