Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased my mazda6speed from newyork and was very happy with the car. Last weekand, on a way back to my house, my car stalled on the side of the road with jerk/jump/hesitate feelings.

I brought the car to the dealership and found out that the cam shaft or something got stuck, while the piston kept hitting it caused the engine to stop working.( or something like that... ) here I am now trying to buy a new motor. I was searching around and found few used and new engines.
Here's my question.
Is v6 turbo engines off from the millenia S fit onto my car?
If it does, what kind of modifications do i need to make?
My cousin is not a mechanic, but he has everything that can perform engine drop and fixing other stuff. I'm thinking about putting v6 engines if that is possible.
Please give me any kind of feedback, experience, ideas and/or suggestions please :(
I don't want to end up spending another 5-6k out of my pocket again :(

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
no a millenia motor wouldnt work

speed6,speed3,cx7 are the only one's that will work

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
you dont have a warranty on the car?

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
and just to make sure, you have a Mazdaspeed6....not a Mazda6speed? if you have a Mazda6 6speed it could be a completely different engine, so wanted to clearify since it was your first post and might be in the wrong section.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
snap

yes it is mazdaspeed6
So, i guess mazda millenia S (v6 engine ) is no go .... right? :(

My car has 81k miles on it. and yes my warranty expired.
plus, my car is catagorized as "branded car" that it won't honor my warranty.
As far as i know, this car pushes 380 hp at the wheel with 17 psi. and capable of pushing it to 28psi with 700 ish horses...
I don't know what to do now... i gotta go to the classes tomorrow, and here i am with no ride :(

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Guess you haven't seen my car, Smoker.
I'm running 20psi for 500 ish horsepower. K04 ftw.

·
Registered
217 Posts
well... unless you have a gt40 your not gonna hit those numbers with that amount of boost. and thats saying that whoever sold you the car figured out the fueling issue... but doubtful. i dont even think a 35r will make 700 on only 28psi

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
well... unless you have a gt40 your not gonna hit those numbers with that amount of boost. and thats saying that whoever sold you the car figured out the fueling issue... but doubtful. i dont even think a 35r will make 700 on only 28psi
lol you cant make 700whp with a gt35r on this motor even if you tried, your going to need a bigger turbo than that

as for the op

yep sounds like you need allot of help

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I've got my OEM motor for sale.. Bare longblock was swapped for a built motor at ~23K miles, running perfect when it was pulled...

·
Registered
875 Posts
Rican? the one with an is250? why you here?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey everyone- +1 on that motor for sale.. I just put a hole in my engine 2 days ago. Long story short, I need a motor and somebody who knows a lot about these engines to fix it up right. Any leads? I'd appreciate it big time..

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey everyone- +1 on that motor for sale.. I just put a hole in my engine 2 days ago. Long story short, I need a motor and somebody who knows a lot about these engines to fix it up right. Any leads? I'd appreciate it big time..
That would be ME!!! just send me a pm with your # and i will call you and see how i can help!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That would be ME!!! just send me a pm with your # and i will call you and see how i can help!!
im sure ANYONE can vouch for charles and his knowledge of this motor. but i will vouch for him personally as he has helped me every step of the way. and when P3 kinda closed doors, he was there to help me through to get my current goals. i mean hell, he is still helping me!!!! haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts