• Recirculate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50/50 Valve?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you want to Vent to Atmosphere or do you want to recirculate?

Thanks,

[email protected]
[/b]
What I, and probably other, would like to see is an adjustable BOV. Something akin to the GFB Stealth or the WORX, where you can choose to route 100% atmosphere, 100% recirculate or somewhere in between.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I, and probably other, would like to see is an adjustable BOV. Something akin to the GFB Stealth or the WORX, where you can choose to route 100% atmosphere, 100% recirculate or somewhere in between.
[/b]
Interesting...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I have tried my GReddy type-RS in VTA a few times, and every time it back-fires really hard. I'm running through an open stock downpipe with only the 1st cat, so it was coughing out some pretty big fireballs. I'd say recirc is the way to go.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried my GReddy type-RS in VTA a few times, and every time it back-fires really hard. I'm running through an open stock downpipe with only the 1st cat, so it was coughing out some pretty big fireballs. I'd say recirc is the way to go.
[/b]
I agree, what we also see is that a car that backfires a lot will tend to beat the hell out of the Catalytic Converter and can cause it to rattle.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That doesn't bother me as much as the potential damage to the valves. I plan on getting an off road dp anyway. Any chance you guys are going to be working on downpipes?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Recirc here, not interested in the idle/backfire problems.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
The speed6's ECU may be too senistive and still cause a backfire, but usually a 50/50 is a good compromise, as you don't lose all of the metered air, but still get the cool sound :)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Venting to atmosphere would be nice but without some type of "blow-thru" or MAP setup, you will have problems of running rich, backfiring, stumbling etc. Some cars have more problems with it than others do. If you really only want it ot be louder, make the recirc pipe out of metal then, aluminum, steel, ss. It will be much louder then.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Venting to atmosphere would be nice but without some type of "blow-thru" or MAP setup, you will have problems of running rich, backfiring, stumbling etc. Some cars have more problems with it than others do. If you really only want it ot be louder, make the recirc pipe out of metal then, aluminum, steel, ss. It will be much louder then.
[/b]
+1

·
Registered
578 Posts
All for the recirc. My gas mileage already sucks.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The stock one is loud enough with just an intake, how much louder do you really want it? I mean does it really have to sound like the air brakes on a semi? Also I would like the recirc as well, I've already seen the negative effects of running vent to atmosphere...

·
Registered
17 Posts
VTA compared to Recirc.. isn't Recirc a bit more efficient then VTA? so if thats the case why would you wanna have VTA... I mean.. you rather have sound than performance??

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Some people like the "rice" effect of VTA.

·
Registered
788 Posts
So they must like they're car to backfire and shoot out colorful flames, like pinks and blues, I mean if all you want is a bov sound, just go buy a four cylinder and buy that little kit they made a while back that made the bov sound...not sure if anyone ever saw that, but it does exist...

·
Registered
115 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
im running the hks ssqv in recirc with a mazdaspeed cai and its loud enough to turn heads on the street. my friends dont even believe me when i tell em its in recirc... i dont mind it though it sounds great! :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think that everyone is starting to get a little off topic. Jermaine is looking for ideas on what we would like to see come from Turbo XS, not which is better than the other. Like I said earlier I would like to see an adjustable.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i would like something like your existing h34 where if you want you could run a recir or cap off the return and run vta like the old greddy type-s.

forge makes a good bov. you can adapt a 1g dsm forge bov to fit on our cars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts