Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
when do you draw a line when you see a trend of useless and miss-informative posts?
Most of the people come here looking for help with an issue they have and if they get a bunch of wrong answers then the forum loses credibility and it is no longer a good reliable source of information.
IMO this is/has been the problem with our newly banned member. Continuous posting of information that is not correct. It's the forum that takes the bad rep and not the individual spouting incorrect information. When repeatedly asked to cite his source(s) it's crickets. 5 minutes later there is information in another thread that starts the same BS all over again. Was there some helpful posts on occasion? Yes but the amount of mis information in comparison wasn't worth it.

I'm glad he's gone. I feel like I don't need to babysit his potentially destructive posts anymore.

Y'all be good now ya hear? :geek:

·
Registered
529 Posts
We do have an ignore option. I haven't used it as of yet so I don't know how it works. You can click on ones avatar and their info pops up (sorry @jman1200 ,I tried to use @Byakuya but I couldn't ignore a mod, no option for it lol)

I'm not sure how it works in threads though or if it's just pms.
Are you ignoring me?.... ARE YOU IGNORING ME? !!!

:LOL::ROFLMAO:😄

·
Registered
638 Posts
Even if you ignore someone it seems they can view and respond to your posts normally, you just can't see them.
It only blocks YOU from seeing them, THEY can still see and reply to YOUR posts
Oh ok so it's like all of the other forums out there.

How exactly would it work though (block)? Would it only block them from further posting on that thread anymore or block them from posting anything period?

Maybe I wasn't understanding what everyone was talking about :unsure: :unsure: 😞

·
Registered
638 Posts
Are you ignoring me?.... ARE YOU IGNORING ME? !!!

:LOL::ROFLMAO:😄
Lmfao!! Absolutely not. I didn't think that you would mind me using you in my example. I didn't want to use someone that may not have any humor lol.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Oh ok so it's like all of the other forums out there.

How exactly would it work though (block)? Would it only block them from further posting on that thread anymore or block them from posting anything period?

Maybe I wasn't understanding what everyone was talking about :unsure: :unsure: 😞
In my mind, it would prevent them from seeing ANY of your posts, ever, and prevent you from seeing any of their posts, including in the menu. And if someone replies to them on a post, you wouldn't be able to see that reply either.

·
Registered
638 Posts
In my mind, it would prevent them from seeing ANY of your posts, ever, and prevent you from seeing any of their posts, including in the menu. And if someone replies to them on a post, you wouldn't be able to see that reply either.
Gotcha! That's over my head lol. I'll just read the bs for light entertainment 🤣 🤣 🤣

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Lmfao!! Absolutely not. I didn't think that you would mind me using you in my example. I didn't want to use someone that may not have any humor lol.
You can use mine, I don't have any humor at all.

Poor guy, got banned again. For a while, I've been waiting for the other guy who has been banned for a couple of times. Perhaps he won't be returning anymore, and this might be true for this guy.

·
Super Moderator
17,069 Posts
To kind of answer everyone in the same post (since i don't have much time at the moment), I agree, to a point, with all of you and everything you've said, and I'm not trying to discredit or disagree with you.

However, I take all these decisions seriously and do my absolute best to remain levelheaded the entire time - as much as some people get on my nerves as well. What becomes difficult is when people who disrupt this forum utilize my generosity to gain some favor by posting informative or accurate information for other members. Then I'm at an impasse because at what point do their inane posts overcome their informative ones?

Again, that answer typically comes down to when I hear about it enough from all of you. I don't know the threshold all the time and rely on you all to keep me informed about it. If 90% of someone's posts are neutral or informative, it's hard to tell them to leave without enough evidence. And when other people participate in the nonsense, rather than acting maturely, it makes it 10x harder to make a decision since I'd have to weigh it out on all involved.

@TalonTsi90 (and everyone else) you're free to defend yourself, so long as you do it respectfully. People can call me every name in the book (some have) and I won't ever stoop to their level, and that's the standard I hold to this forum's members. If I can withstand some meaningless name calling, so can you. Beat them with facts, not your feelings, be that pride, anger, or anything else. If someone posts nonsense or misleading information, prove them wrong and report them - that will sting more than any insult you can sling their way, trust me.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts