Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else wish there was a block feature, the ignore function just isn't enough sometimes...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Absolutely. It's the one thing Facebook got right. Block them, and it's like they don't exist.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Absolutely. It's the one thing Facebook got right. Block them, and it's like they don't exist.
I'll ask my wife how does it work on Facebook as I don't have one.

If my idea is correct on the block feature on Facebook, I think it will be difficult to implement it on a forum.

Let's say you blocked me but someone quoted me, then most probably you will see what I have posted.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Anyone else wish there was a block feature, the ignore function just isn't enough sometimes...
I'm with you. If the mods would ban the person (again) you're most likely referring to we wouldn't need a block feature but they (the mods) seem to enjoy having this person torture the community with his idiotic posts.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm with you. If the mods would ban the person (again) you're most likely referring to we wouldn't need a block feature but they (the mods) seem to enjoy having this person torture the community with his idiotic posts.
Yea, but theres anoither person who posts an entire wall 'o' text as if he is an expert in every facet and every subject. Just dont ask how many miles he has on the stock clutch. Not remotely as bad as the other guy, but yes, a total block CAN be done and should be available. I did ask for it first though ;)~

484 Posts
Yea, but theres anoither person who posts an entire wall 'o' text as if he is an expert in every facet and every subject. Just dont ask how many miles he has on the stock clutch. Not remotely as bad as the other guy, but yes, a total block CAN be done and should be available. I did ask for it first though ;)~
I don't see what the hell is wrong with all the information he posts. I don't like how he goes through great lengths to scare people into using strictly OEM, but otherwise most of his posts are quite interesting to read and very informative.

You have to be the most ignorant user on this forum by a long shot. Then there is the most "troubled."

You've mentioned me so many times already, you literally sound like such psychopath it's just absurd.

It's just beyond me why on earth you make so many useless filler posts anytime you disagree with me. If it comes down to it, I will pay 50% for your psychologist.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Maybe we should separate literary style and "confident manner" - shall we say - from the merit of his arguments... with respect to the individual to whom you refer. He's not always right... but many, many times he is (and I say this in SOLELY my personal estimation). There's a lot of good stuff being discussed... which benefits this group, I believe.

At times I get dismayed by the lack of feedback / response on tech items I bring up... and maybe it's my own technical orientation / interests... but a whole lot of discussion items, here on this forum, are in respect of aesthetics, electronic features, etc. oftentimes "removed" from the 'real basics of how the cars drive.

I guess I tend to read / follow the more tech items brought up.

484 Posts
Maybe we should separate literary style and "confident manner" - shall we say - from the merit of his arguments... with respect to the individual to whom you refer. He's not always right... but many, many times he is (and I say this in SOLELY my personal estimation). There's a lot of good stuff being discussed... which benefits this group, I believe.

At times I get dismayed by the lack of feedback / response on tech items I bring up... and maybe it's my own technical orientation / interests... but a whole lot of discussion items, here on this forum, are in respect of aesthetics, electronic features, etc. oftentimes "removed" from the 'real basics of how the cars drive.

In terms of technical knownledge, i've come across much worse on different forums for different brands.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I don't see what the hell is wrong with all the information he posts. I don't like how he goes through great lengths to scare people into using strictly OEM, but otherwise most of his posts are quite interesting to read and very informative.

You have to be the most ignorant user on this forum by a long shot. Then there is the most "troubled."

You've mentioned me so many times already, you literally sound like such psychopath it's just absurd.

It's just beyond me why on earth you make so many useless filler posts anytime you disagree with me. If it comes down to it, I will pay 50% for your psychologist.
You post absurd nonsense. I ask you to back up your posts and you ignore me. Over and over again because you have nothing to back up your ignorant non informative posts.

What's even funnier is I never mentioned you in my post. Seems you've called yourself out.

So does your dad charge you rent or do you just occupy the basement for free?

·
Super Moderator
16,875 Posts
Okay, everyone, here's the deal.

You're all on a PUBLIC forum. That means a few things but, most importantly, these:

• ANYONE in the world can come on here and view what you say.
  • ANYONE in the world can come on here and dispute what you say.
What makes this place different from the vast majority of other forums is that @Mz6GreyGhost and I spend a LOT of time making sure the entire forum is kept as family-friendly and respectful at all times. Please don't forget that we both also have full time jobs and busy lives outside of this forum, so we can't be here for everything.

1) If you have a problem with someone on this forum or think they're going against the values we try to uphold, Report It.
1b) Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean they ought to be banned. If you can't control your emotions and lash out, you're no better than the person you're reporting.
1c) When people get in, pardon my French, pissing contests with one another, no one wins and it makes our job that much more difficult. If someone reports flagrant behavior, but also replies to the person they're reporting with their own flavor of immaturity, what do you expect us to do about it? I'd rather not ban anyone than ban all involved parties.

We try to give people a LOT of the benefit of the doubt and trust that most people can act their age and not get upset over some text on a website, but that's your choice to make. We have to read all the same stuff you all do, but you never see us acting the way some of you do (disrespectfully).

No one is forcing you to read someone else's posts, and no one is making you upset - you're in control of your emotions and all I can do is react to what you post on here and how you do it.

·
Super Moderator
16,875 Posts

While I agree with you and appreciate your objective stance on the matter (it's how I always try to see things), he has also consistently ignored our warnings about remaining respectful and, for that, I've removed him again.

@TalonTsi90 and @idrive - While we all enjoy your vast knowledge on this forum and appreciate your contributions, please be mindful of my above post in that, if you let your emotions get to you and become disrespectful to anyone, regardless of who they are, you'll be viewed as no better than the person you're disrespecting.

·
Registered
562 Posts
he has also consistently ignored our warnings about remaining respectful and, for that, I've removed him again.
But when he joins again in a few months under a different name, he'll start right back in, perpetuate the toxic environment that he cultivates, and it'll be the same cycle over again...

·
Super Moderator
16,875 Posts
But when he joins again in a few months under a different name, he'll start right back in, perpetuate the toxic environment that he cultivates, and it'll be the same cycle over again...
Right, but with absolutely no way to ever prove that it's the same person, we have to simply wait it out and get him on breaking the rules again. It's incredibly easy to spoof IP addresses, change emails, usernames, etc, so there's no telling who anyone is even if they claim to be. This is why we have to remain completely objective on a case-by-case basis.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
While I agree with you and appreciate your objective stance on the matter (it's how I always try to see things), he has also consistently ignored our warnings about remaining respectful and, for that, I've removed him again.

@TalonTsi90 and @idrive - While we all enjoy your vast knowledge on this forum and appreciate your contributions, please be mindful of my above post in that, if you let your emotions get to you and become disrespectful to anyone, regardless of who they are, you'll be viewed as no better than the person you're disrespecting.
Yea, but were also adults here, and cant expect gramma and granpa to step in all the time to defend our honor (as it were) and sometimes just snap back in the same manner. Which is why we are sasking for a full block feature, that way they cant see or quote us and lead to un-ignoring to see what was said in a disparate manner. It is available...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Byakuya, you've misconstrued who it was I was referring to... i.e. Ticker

·
Super Moderator
16,875 Posts
Yea, but were also adults here, and cant expect gramma and granpa to step in all the time to defend our honor (as it were) and sometimes just snap back in the same manner. Which is why we are sasking for a full block feature, that way they cant see or quote us and lead to un-ignoring to see what was said in a disparate manner. It is available...
In the same breath, I'm not here to coddle you or make sure you're not offended by anything, I'm here to keep the peace and help people when I can. It's YOUR decision to let your pride get the better of you. If seeing someone's posts (whether they're against our policies or not) gets you angry, that's your prerogative and not mine. If you lash out because of it, you'll be treated like anyone else.

MY decision (and I'm not alone), when it comes to these types of people, is to "kill them with kindness" so-to-speak, and use my knowledge, facts, and experience to suppress their behavior, rather than resorting to name-calling.

Byakuya, you've misconstrued who it was I was referring to... i.e. Ticker
Ah, my bad. I like having ticker around and he's always super respectful :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
While I agree that everyone has the right to express their opinion on a forum (that is what forums are for), when do you draw a line when you see a trend of useless and miss-informative posts?
Most of the people come here looking for help with an issue they have and if they get a bunch of wrong answers then the forum loses credibility and it is no longer a good reliable source of information.

As I've said it before, I am a moderator of another forum. Lucky for me, since the platform is a family type SUV, the audience is more mature and I rarely encounter the drama seen on forums related to sportier vehicles which attract a younger audience. I do ask members for their source whenever I see information that doesn't make sense to me, and if they can't support it it gets corrected and documented, and if they do not reply, it gets deleted with a message to correct their behavior.

My two cents.

·
Registered
610 Posts
We do have an ignore option. I haven't used it as of yet so I don't know how it works. You can click on ones avatar and their info pops up (sorry @jman1200 ,I tried to use @Byakuya but I couldn't ignore a mod, no option for it lol)

20191213_122013.png

I'm not sure how it works in threads though or if it's just pms.

·
Registered
562 Posts
We do have an ignore option. I haven't used it as of yet so I don't know how it works. You can click on ones avatar and their info pops up (sorry @jman1200 ,I tried to use @Byakuya but I couldn't ignore a mod, no option for it lol)

Even if you ignore someone it seems they can view and respond to your posts normally, you just can't see them. You can see their posts on the main menus too/

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
If seeing someone's posts (whether they're against our policies or not) gets you angry,
I didnt say that, and you keep insinuating thats what im talking about. Im talking when someone calls anyone a name or directly attacks them, usually ANY response even if its not of like kind seems to be taken as hostile and looked down on. There has to be a point where one can retaliate in an adult manner and it be over looked. "usually" when someone attacks me, i know its because of their inability to process the English language and like to come back with a more literary term like "dolt" or "nincompoop" where they might not know they are being insulted. But, im (not) sorry if someone simply calls me an a--hole and i have to wait for daddy to come down and take care of that person. You cant say acting in like kind is NOT adultish.

It only blocks YOU from seeing them, THEY can still see and reply to YOUR posts, which is NOT what quite a few of us want. Ignoring them still allows for douchebaggery to continue and then you find out AFTER the fact when someone else quotes them. For a short while it seemed like Ticker was following me around disputing all my posts and its not enough to ignore him, cause i cant correct any misinformation that someone new might come in and believe. There is not one of us on here that knows EVERYTHING about ALL Mazda 6's and stating fact and having someone come in behind and foolishly say youre a liar isnt good. Ive actually seen forums go down for liability issues in the past when someone effed something up on someones bad advice and got sued by some lamer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts