Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
$350 for a STOCK hood??? think you'll be lucky to get $100 unless there's someone local that F'd up their hood somehow.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
$350 for a STOCK hood??? think you'll be lucky to get $100 unless there's someone local that F'd up their hood somehow.
[/b]
:irate: :irate: :irate: I wish this was for sale when a tree landed on my hood. It cost the insurance company nearly $800 to take the dent out and repaint it!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
:irate: :irate: :irate: I wish this was for sale when a tree landed on my hood. It cost the insurance company nearly $800 to take the dent out and repaint it!
[/b]
Okay there's no way that should have cost $800. Holy crap ripoff.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
....another option if you wanna try? if you look around and see a company that makes aftermarket hoods for cars, but not the 6 yet. email em. tell em you have access to an "extra OEM hood, in great condition" and would be willing to ship it to them in return for their product whenever they finish. you'd have to pay for shipping which sucks, but maybe there are some companies in your area?

i've gotten 4 hoods to companies now, it's not too hard usually.

just a thought

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Yea... I didn't pay a cent for it, just aggrivattion. The body shop guy kept fucking up the paint job as well. In the end he gave me $500 back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
smokeU6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing