Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 2005 mazda6s for a while now and had no problems so far. Recently i noticed the CHECK ENGINE light comes on blinking when engine RPM reaches over 4000. When rpm drops to about 3000 and lower the light goes out. Car has about 20,000 miles on it and i don't think i saw this before. Anyone ever experienced anything like this? The car is still under warranty so i would like to have it checked out but i am not sure if the ECU retains any codes since the light goes out.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,605 Posts
The ECU will retain the code unless the battery is disconnected. If the CEL is flashing, it's not a good sign, and should be checked ASAP.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Flashing cel actually means pull over immeadiately and cease driving and get it towed to the dealer (unless it was a verifiable missfire and you can clear the code with a scanner).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the quick comments. I just called a local dealer and made an appointment. First time Mazda owner and i have to say that i am surprised with the service from the service tech and i didn't even take the car in yet. I use to have a VW and i hate their dealers with a passion!

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Its great if you have a good dealer. Mazda service centers can be just as crap as any other, just depends on how lucky you are with getting a good one. Hopefully yours will prove to be as good as they sound. Good luck and let us know the outcome. Make sure you ask what the specific code the computer is setting and report back to us.

·
Registered
53 Posts
when the cel flashes it means that you are or could be damaging the cat's. most causes are a misfire possibly a bad coil, plug or something with the maf.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
meh this car wont throw a cel when u have a bad coil. The computer on this car is garbage and u cant really rely on it to tell u anything usefull lol. I had 3 bad coils and the car was performing like ass and missfiring and guess wut no cel it was fun stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was told by the Dealership that they will replace Crank Sensor and Wheel tone. Does that sound right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update to this situation: Per the dealership the parts that they need are on back order and are no where to be found. Supposedly there is only 2 of those parts in U.S and they don't know when the parts will arrive (From Japan?). They are putting me back in my car and will let me know when the parts arrive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts