Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I went to test drive a 6 (got one of those $35 gift card offers in my email). Asked them to prepare a 4-cyl Auto w/Sport Package, as that's what I would most likely want to purchase if I did so tomorrow (hypothetically). Drove it. Liked it. Okay....LOVED it. :D

But after comparing the Sport vs non-Sport versions, I realized that
A) I like the 16" alloy wheels better than the 17" sport wheels, and
B) I do NOT want the black leather if at all possible, and
C) The Redfire color is growing on me, and I DO like that Beige leather!

So I figure....GREAT - now that Mazda has added spoilers as stand-alone options on their configurations, I should be able to get everything I want WITHOUT the Sport Package. Rear Spoiler, Leather, Moonroof, Fog Lights, maybe a Sport Grille, Bose audio system, ABS and SCA. I could even get the stand-alone Ground FX "appearance package" if I wanted, without having to get the Sport package (black leather and 17" wheels).

WRONG. I go to the website this morning and start to build my car. CAN'T GET ABS OR SCA WITHOUT THE SPORT PACKAGE. :thumbdn :wtf

WHY should you HAVE to get the Sport Package just to get added safety????? I want every available safety feature, but I don't want the stupid black leather and the bigger 17" wheels.

Needless to say I shot off an email to Mazda first thing this morning. If you feel the same way, please also write them. That is just assinine.

[email protected]

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic '#%^$%@#$$# bleepity-bleep option configs!'

Okay...I am calming down a bit now. :D

I did just call one of the dealers I am working with, and she did confirm that depending on the options you pick, you can or can't get the SCA without the Sport (which is totally stupid, and she agreed). Basically, what she told me (as of right now); I could order the car WITHOUT Leather/Comfort/Moonroof and WITHOUT an upgraded stereo - just with the standard factory single-CD stereo/radio. Then, when it comes in, I could get custom dealer-installed leather whatever color/design my little heart desires, and they could also install a Low/High heater for the leather, and ALSO contract with a local place that does their Power Moonroofs and have that put in by them also. The only thing I'd be "stuck with" is the standard stereo, which is not a big deal to me, as I'm not a huge audiophile anyway. I don't even know what tweeters and sub-woofers are/do.

So I guess, I COULD get what I want, just in a roundabout way instead of having it come exactly that way from the factory. Better than nothing I suppose. That made me feel better.

I still think these configs are DUMB - and I HAVE emailed Mazda about it. Who knows - by the time I buy, maybe I WILL be able to get it EXACTLY how I want from the factory. :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reading Topic: #%^$%@#$$# bleepity-bleep option configs!

MAZDA RESPONDS! :) :)

Thank you for contacting Mazda North American Operations.

In April, you should be able to get the MAZDA6 with the Anti-Lock Brakes and the Side Air Bags without having to add the Sports Package. Mazda is listening to our customers and we are making changes to better service them.

Thank you thank you thank you Mazda! :) Hopefully this means that you'll be able to get the Bose system with SCA/ABS without the Sport Package also.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I heard though that Cup Holders only come with the Sports Package.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

YES! :) Of course I had to clarify with them, and here's how they responded...

Yes, you should be able to get the Anti-Lock Brakes and Side Airbags without having to add any other options or packages.

Thanks Mazda! :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Good job getting us that info. This is great news for many I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Replying to Topic '#%^$%@#$$# bleepity-bleep option configs!'

mazdamarla[/i]             [b]MAZDA RESPONDS![/b]  :) :)   [i]Thank you for contacting Mazda North American Operations.   In April said:
Thank you thank you thank you Mazda!  :)   Hopefully this means that you'll be able to get the Bose system with SCA/ABS without the Sport Package also.[/b]
Here's a question for ya. Does this mean if you factory order one today you can break away from grouped packages and add single options? I have to imagine by now that an order today would deliver after April 1.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

That I don't know. I kind of read it as anything ORDERED after that date would be able to have that configuration. Not ordered now and delivered around that date. But don't know for sure.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

If you go to the 6 build site, select 6i, auto. go to the next page and select SCA, ABS will be mandatory, with a pop-up saying "Not available until April 2003". So Mazda is doing exactly what they said, ABS and SCA with out the Sport. But now try to select the Bose, this is what you get.

"You have selected the BOSE® Audio Package, $635

This requires the addition of
Premium Package
Comfort Package
Sport Package
Power Moonroof
Leather Seat Upholstery

Adding all of these items will increase the MSRP of the vehicle by a total of $4075"

Your message from Mazda says "In April, you should be able to get the MAZDA6 ...."

I would bet that is all that's going to happen. Options will not be "A Le Carte". They gave you what you asked for, but not what you wanted.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

The second message I sent to them asked them to clarify, however. I specifically stated "Currently if you pick the Bose stereo system, you must get the Sport Package. Are ABS/Traction Control and the Side Curtain Airbags going to be COMPLETELY STAND-ALONE no matter what other options or packages you choose?"

And they replied "Yes, you should be able to get the Anti-Lock Brakes and Side Airbags without having to add any other options or packages."

So I'm gonna cross my fingers that that's true. :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Once again, read their answer carefully.

"Yes, you should be able to get the Anti-Lock Brakes and Side Airbags without having to add any other options or packages."

Nothing in that answer says you can get ABS, SCA and the BOSE system with out having to order the Sport and all.

Just because they give you an answer doesn't mean it has anything to do with the question you asked.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Don't matter - Bose is not "must-have" for me. I'm happy with a radio and CD player that works and sounds half-way decent. I'm no audiophile and have never needed a souped-up stereo of any kind.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts