Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is how my car looks now with the stock bumper. I ordered the Black Racing Lip, and am waiting for it to come in. I still have the two tone painted V on the hood, and my bodyshop painted my sports grille black for free. I also blacked out my rear reflectors, and sidemarkers. I blacked them out with high gloss sign vinyl. I sanded down all of the DOT lettering so that it looks smooth.

Tell me what you guys think. I'll get some more shots in the sun later.

Thanks.

·
Registered
944 Posts
looks good man......that paint is so smooth, can hardly tell its 2-tone. Awesome. Although (and could be just me) its seems the red caliper detracts from the overall look, something like silver I think would go better.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Looking good as always man. Can't wait to get the BR lip in! :drool: Although, one thing that I think you should do, is instead of the painted side markers, I think you should paint the inside. It gives it more of a 3D look to it, instead of the flat black, unless of course that's what you like better. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks good man......that paint is so smooth, can hardly tell its 2-tone. Awesome. Although (and could be just me) its seems the red caliper detracts from the overall look, something like silver I think would go better.
[/b]
Thanks. Yeah I've thought about the calipers a couple of times. I might just paint them black if I get tired of the red.

Looking good as always man. Can't wait to get the BR lip in! :drool: Although, one thing that I think you should do, is instead of the painted side markers, I think you should paint the inside. It gives it more of a 3D look to it, instead of the flat black, unless of course that's what you like better. :yesnod:
[/b]
Thanks, my sidemarkers are orange. :( I don't have a pair of the clear ones, but I really do like the look of yours alot.

looks good is that the tanabe concept g axleback exhaust
[/b]
Thanks. No those are Ractive mufflers made into a custom axleback given to me by a friend.

·
Registered
780 Posts
6ixspeed, that is one hott ass front end. very clean. i esp like the halos and the blacked out light housing. did u paint that yourself or pro. done? It looks glossy, I wanna mod mines too

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6ixspeed, that is one hott ass front end. very clean. i esp like the halos and the blacked out light housing. did u paint that yourself or pro. done? It looks glossy, I wanna mod mines too
[/b]
Thanks. I did the headlights myself. I painted them with Krylon Fusion Gloss Black paint for plastic. :D

·
Registered
814 Posts
nice...always happy to see a clean SG.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm going for the same overall look that you are 6iX_SPEED. My side markers and rear reflectors are still stock but I have been thinking about painting them black. My Headlights are black and so are my Mazda emblems, along with my calipers. Are you going to keep the sports grille or are you going to get the one you posted in the lip thread which I have also been considering for some time now. It's too bad the sun wasn't out to show off the colour of the car. Do you any other body plans?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice...always happy to see a clean SG.
[/b]
Thank you. :)

Lookin' good as always! :thumbup:
[/b]
Thanks man.

I'm going for the same overall look that you are 6iX_SPEED. My side markers and rear reflectors are still stock but I have been thinking about painting them black. My Headlights are black and so are my Mazda emblems, along with my calipers. Are you going to keep the sports grille or are you going to get the one you posted in the lip thread which I have also been considering for some time now. It's too bad the sun wasn't out to show off the colour of the car. Do you any other body plans?
[/b]
I ordered the other JDM grille in the other thread, but it's still on backorder. They're the only people that have it besides HK-Plus, and it's made out of ABS plastic so I don't mind waiting. I'll let you know once I get it.

As far as body work, I'm not sure if I'll do anything else, but my car club is now sponsored by a bodyshop so I might just do something if I think of anything.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Merry Christmas!

your car looks funny with the sports bumper on there. I got so used to seein her with the BR Bumper. Lookin forward to gettin to see your baby with the lip on there. I also have to agree with another member who suggested the caliper painting thing...i think your idea to go black is a good one! also...maybe a less busy looking grille other than the sports grille i think would suit the car well...like the accolade grille and keep it painted black like you have it.

AND your car is always SUPER clean...i wish i lived where i didn't get horrible weather but i try my best to keep her clean...its tough to keep her that clean tho. I need to move to FL and meet up with you guys, a body shop hookup would be nice!

Have a good holiday

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Merry Christmas!

your car looks funny with the sports bumper on there. I got so used to seein her with the BR Bumper. Lookin forward to gettin to see your baby with the lip on there. I also have to agree with another member who suggested the caliper painting thing...i think your idea to go black is a good one! also...maybe a less busy looking grille other than the sports grille i think would suit the car well...like the accolade grille and keep it painted black like you have it.

AND your car is always SUPER clean...i wish i lived where i didn't get horrible weather but i try my best to keep her clean...its tough to keep her that clean tho. I need to move to FL and meet up with you guys, a body shop hookup would be nice!

Have a good holiday
[/b]
Lol yeah it took me a while to get used to it. I already have the other grille on the way similar to the one that the BR Bumper had.

And yeah I try to keep the car as clean as possible always, but about 20 minutes after I washed it that day it started to rain, and it's been raining here everyday so I'll have to wash it again when the weather clears. Come to Miami we'll hook it up. You'll love it down here though, you'll never want to go back up ever. :D

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hah I wish rain was all I had to worry about. I haven't driven my car for more than a week because of the blizzard we had here and I probly won't drive it for another week still. The streets are rediculous where I live..

I cant wait to see what your car looks like once you get your BR lip back on. Babyblue is right it just doesn't look right without your lip on there, it makes your car I think :D

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
man it looks wierd without that br bumber that was such a hot bumper i am sorry to see it go. but man your car still looks hot i cant wait to see the lip and grille. and good choice in blackin out the side markers.

·
Registered
251 Posts
IMO I liked it better with your old BR bumper, we'll have to wait for your black racing lip to arrive to do some comparison :drool:
Too bad there are no aftermarket bumper for my '06 yet :swearin:

In the end, your ride looks sick as always man :dmetal:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts