Mazda 6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Why the hell are there so few clips of the i4? Where's a mazdaspeed exhaust clip for the i4?

**sits alone in a corner rocking back and forth in the fetal position crying and whispering why why why.........**[/b]
btw, after doing a fair bit of searching, ron tonkin has the mazdaspeed axleback for the 6i for $471, which is a LOT cheaper than anyone else (about $70-80 less.) if i didn't already have my axleback, i'd probably buy it. you can find it here

·
Registered
603 Posts
btw, after doing a fair bit of searching, ron tonkin has the mazdaspeed axleback for the 6i for $471, which is a LOT cheaper than anyone else (about $70-80 less.) if i didn't already have my axleback, i'd probably buy it. you can find it here[/b]
Yeah Ron Tonkin is a great dealership, I went in to get a CX-7 antenna for my 6 and I wound up spending 3 hours talking to one of the car salesmen about the 6/3/Miata and modifications, he even asked if I wanted to take a Mazdaspeed3 out for a spin. Which was a blast and if I had the cash I would have bought the MS3 on the spot.

The antenna is $17 but since I mentioned the 6 club I only had to pay $13.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Anybody have any clips of a 6i with no mufflers. just cut off? cant seem to find it anywere on here.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Well i just thought i'd add my Custom Axle-Back Str8 pipe exhaust. This is on a V6 with Injen Intake.

PULL-OFF:

STATIONARY REVVING:

LIGHT DRIVE:

FLY-BY:

just figured i'd put them all in one post in case people were wondering what a 6 sounds like with no mufflers. i know there are other people out with it done. i have seen the vids, but for some reason i seem to think mine sounds signifacantly different.

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Why is it so hard to find an exhaust for the 6i that doesn't sound like the stuff ricers put on their Civics?

That Injen sounds really nice...too bad it's only for the V6.

This doesn't sound bad at all...but I'm guessing the MagnaFlow kit is even more expensive than the Injen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbZbG_kqRlQ...feature=related[/b]
Actually the Magnaflows are cheaper than Injen's. For a 4banger, this sucker is pretty loud.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well i just thought i'd add my Custom Axle-Back Str8 pipe exhaust. This is on a V6 with Injen Intake.

just figured i'd put them all in one post in case people were wondering what a 6 sounds like with no mufflers. i know there are other people out with it done. i have seen the vids, but for some reason i seem to think mine sounds signifacantly different.[/b]
OMG, that freakin sounds great, love that deep burble :drool:

·
Registered
349 Posts
New video of my Mazda6s MTX with Injen SES Exhaust. Rev, drive by, and in cabin video.

Injen Catback Exhaust Video.[/b]

hey i was wondering what kinf od setup u have right now I have headers cpe intek and same as you unjen exhaust and whe you start the car it sounds nice but the moment i strp on the gas it sounds bass good but too loud for me what you just reccomend slappin on a resonator> I like how yers sounds not to droney when yer accelerating

·
Registered
3 Posts
whats the best exhaust for a 2006 mazdaspeed 6? i cant decide and dont know where to start. I also need an entire details on what to get for the whole exhaust system. thanks

·
Registered
526 Posts
QUOTE (Robby MS6 @ Jul 15 2008, 02:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1390687
whats the best exhaust for a 2006 mazdaspeed 6? i cant decide and dont know where to start. I also need an entire details on what to get for the whole exhaust system. thanks[/b]
Well a 2.0 -2.5 (inside diameter) system works the best for the speed 6. You don't want to go too big or else you'll loose exhaust velocity. Go too small and back pressure is an issue.

Here is a link, you'll find that very useful, complements of another member.

Exhaust Sizing and Velocity

61 - 80 of 86 Posts