21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yeah, it's this Sunday.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Blackmagik, being a local guru with exhaust I know you get hit up all the freaking time with questions. Well here is one more :) What was you take on your straight pipe exhaust? I am planning on doing mine for the hell of it until I get in my mufflers. Was it way too loud? It is hard to tell from video exactly what daily driving is like.
Dont get me wrong I am going to do it regard less, just like to hear your take.

·
Registered
318 Posts
As promised, here's my clip of the Bosal catback on my 6s MTX. I hope you guys appreciate it - it nearly cost me my camera. Watch to see.

Bosal Catback - 6s

Sounds pretty good from outside IMO. I do have issues with it though. More on that to come...

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
As promised, here's my clip of the Bosal catback on my 6s MTX. I hope you guys appreciate it - it nearly cost me my camera. Watch to see.

Bosal Catback - 6s

Sounds pretty good from outside IMO. I do have issues with it though. More on that to come...
[/b]
is the bosal exhaust the same as the mazdaspeed?

lol...was that car gonna steal your camera?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Fuck yeah they were gonna take it! :laugh: Think, if you saw a camera just laying there on the ground in the middle of the road, wtf would you think?

Lucky lucky man! Wonder what they thought when you pulled between them and the cam and picked it up, haha.

Sounds good man, I'll add it to the main post. Thanks for the contribution!

What was you take on your straight pipe exhaust? I am planning on doing mine for the hell of it until I get in my mufflers. Was it way too loud? It is hard to tell from video exactly what daily driving is like.
Dont get me wrong I am going to do it regard less, just like to hear your take.[/b]
I still have the straight pipes on my car b/c I liked the sound of them the best. Most aggressive, more "throaty" than other exhausts, etc. And it's got that badass growl / rumble on downshifts. Not way to loud, it can get tiring at times (only during acceleration) but I usually have music on most of the time, so no worries.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Sounds good man, I'll add it to the main post. Thanks for the contribution!
I still have the straight pipes on my car b/c I liked the sound of them the best. Most aggressive, more "throaty" than other exhausts, etc. And it's got that badass growl / rumble on downshifts. Not way to loud, it can get tiring at times (only during acceleration) but I usually have music on most of the time, so no worries.
[/b]
Awesome! Thanks man. I can't wait to put mine up. I think that I am going to replace the y pipe with a Borla 1 to 2 muffler. I will definitly post up the video when she is done.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like that straight pipe sound... might have to try that out first before i cut the muffler in :D
The bosal sounds real nice too from the 2 clips i heard here! Decisions decisions!
I guess starting with the pipes is easiest than i'll add the borla 1-2, and worst comes to worst just cange the muffler later if i don't like it...Me and USAF 6s are gonna work on gettin the best sound possible at a great price :yesnod: and hopefully soon...just ordered the bending die....

Are all the systems the same diameter pipe? is 2.5" about standard?

Awesome! Thanks man. I can't wait to put mine up. I think that I am going to replace the y pipe with a Borla 1 to 2 muffler. I will definitly post up the video when she is done.
[/b]

·
Registered
318 Posts
is the bosal exhaust the same as the mazdaspeed?

lol...was that car gonna steal your camera?
[/b]
As I understand it the current catback offering for the 6s from Mazdaspeed is NOT manufactured by Bosal. The Bosal kit I purchased does however, have the Mazdaspeed logo all over it... in different sizes too!

Dents courtesy of UPS, I'm sure.

I still have some fitment issues to try to work out. You can kinda see that it's not fitting evenly in this pic:

I love the sound from the outside and it sounds good inside as long as I'm accelerating or decelerating, but just cruising sucks. It annoys the hell out of me. I'm gonna have to do something about that. Not sure what yet.

Oh yeah - the other thing about this kit - mine didn't come with any hardware. I already had Kartboy hangers waiting to be installed, but I had to scrounge up some nuts & bolts to attach the mufflers at the Y-split. It also didn't come with any gaskets. I'm running without right now and I have some small leaks. I'll have to do something about that as well.

Regarding the camera - as Blackmagik said, I'm sure those guys would have taken it if they had the chance. It's a good thing I got back when I did... :yesnod:

21 - 40 of 86 Posts