Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, lotta people coming to me asking about "which exhaust is the best" etc etc, and I've referred them to clubatenza for the longest time but, alot of the links are broken, etc. So I'll just rearrage everything on the server, post the NEW links up here, and you guys can pick and choose which ones you'd like to download and then you can thank me for being awesome :nana:

But nah, I hope this helps all of you guys deciding on which exhaust to get if you haven't purchased one already, or even if you have maybe. That was the hardest thing whenever I bought my 1st exhaust, was finding the right one w/ the sound that I wanted. If I had a pinned topic that reviewed alot of them suchas this topic does, it would've made it a TON easier. Hence the reason I'm making it, trying to help you guys out ;)

Right click and save which ones you think you might be interested in.

Blackmagiks Greddy Compilation clips 6i, from MrTea!

Blackmagik Injen Exhaust 6s

Blackmagik Injen Exhaust IN CABIN 6s

Blackmagiks Straight Pipe Exhaust (axleback) 6s

Blackmagiks Magnaflow Catback With Resonator 6s

Blackmagiks Magnaflow w/ Resonator Delete 6s

Blackmagiks Bosal Compilation 6i, from DA6!

Draxas vs Magnaflow comparison

Injen SES Exhaust system

Nightmare's Single Exhaust 6i

Azures Tanabe Axleback

Racing Beat exhaust on Wiggums 6s 6s, from Business

Racing Beat Video Clip 6s, From Spidy!

Stock exhaust w/ mufflers removed + CPE MAFci (in cabin) 6s, from mwortham!

Autocross - Stock exhaust w/ mufflers removed + CPE MAFci (in cabin) 6s from mwortham!

Ugh, I know I've got more but, they're on my computer saved w/ tons of other videos on cars, so I'll have to sift through them later on and post them up as well. I'll edit this post and add them to it.

Anyways, use it as best you can guys, it's a tool here to help you out!

P.S. Don't PM me asking me my opinion, b/c the BEST exhaust out of all these... is by far the Injen SES system.

ALSO, if you guys have some new exhaust not listed here you'd like to post up, send me the video at:

[email protected]

... and I'll host it up on a server for you and link it to this thread.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
INjen SES, if you don't got it, your not cool! SOmebody give him a clip of the MAzdaspeed exhaust!!!!!!!!! BM, you thinking about putting up that revving video of that dudes RACTIVE exhaust once he tell's you what kind of mufflers he has?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sent!
[/b]

DL'ing right now and I'll upload it immediately. And yes, I have a sub on my comp so I should be able to notice the differences :D

INjen SES, if you don't got it, your not cool! SOmebody give him a clip of the MAzdaspeed exhaust!!!!!!!!! BM, you thinking about putting up that revving video of that dudes RACTIVE exhaust once he tell's you what kind of mufflers he has?
[/b]
Didn't the MS exhaust go under a different name as well? Like racing beat or bosal or something? I dunno *shrug* I brieftly remember reading something about that.

Sure, it can be included on here, but I don't think it's necessarily a "ractive exhaust" but rather just straight pipes and no or very few cats. I've had the straight pipe thing done for a good 2 years now. Thought about taking out some of the cats but the drone's borderline as is, couldn't deal w/ it.

Also, business, the vid you sent has been uploaded and linked, thanks for the contribution!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Didn't the MS exhaust go under a different name as well? Like racing beat or bosal or something? I dunno *shrug* I brieftly remember reading something about that.

Sure, it can be included on here, but I don't think it's necessarily a "ractive exhaust" but rather just straight pipes and no or very few cats. I've had the straight pipe thing done for a good 2 years now. Thought about taking out some of the cats but the drone's borderline as is, couldn't deal w/ it.
[/b]
Actually, I'm pretty sure Racing Beat has 2inch tips while MS exhaust has 3inch tips. MS exhaust also has no resonator with a midpipe. I'm just curious since I've never heard an actual MS exhaust system on a 6 regardless if it is Bosal or Racing Beat or something. Somebody needs to lighten up my day with a sound clip!!!!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
bump any chance you got a better racing beat video clip, im between racing beat, injen, and magnaflow.

Injen and magnaflow sound great, but i think i need a better racing beat clip in order to get the full effect.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks Blackmagik! This is a great help to me as I've been scouring the forums trying to find clips of the Injen exhaust. I'll probably be purchasing it soon based on your recommendations.

On that subject - you know the one thing I noticed immediately about the Injen catback vs Magnaflow? Flanges. That's right. Flanges rule, clamps suck. That by itself is almost enough for me to go Injen over MF. The fact that it sounds better is icing on the cake!

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not a problem man, glad it helped you out! It's the reason I posted them up. When I went to buy my exhaust setup, it was so hard finding clips, so I figured this would help a ton of people out!

Glad it's helped ;)

bump any chance you got a better racing beat video clip, im between racing beat, injen, and magnaflow.

Injen and magnaflow sound great, but i think i need a better racing beat clip in order to get the full effect.
[/b]

Don't have any more racing beat ones, at least I don't think. I'll search my computer and see if I can find one.

In order from greatest to least out of your listing:

Injen
Magnaflow
Racing Beat

:D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, I changed my mind and ordered the Bosal catback kit the other day instead of the Injen. It doesn't look like the quality will be quite as good, but I just coldn't justify spending twice the price. Once I install it I'll post some clips here.

On that note... Just a suggestion - I think it would be helpful to others if each of the clips gave a bit more detail about the car they are on. At least whether it is an I4 or the V6, as these exhaust systems sound drastically different between the two applications.

For now I'll contribute this:

Mazda 6s stock exhaust w/ mufflers removed + CPE MAFci (in cabin)

Autocross - Mazda 6s stock exhaust w/ mufflers removed + CPE MAFci (in cabin)

I pulled the mufflers off for this race to try to save some weight. I was also kinda curious to see what it would sound like. When the new exhaust comes I'll also try to get some driveby clips with the mufflers off, and with the new Bosal system on.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it would be helpful to others if each of the clips gave a bit more detail about the car they are on. At least whether it is an I4 or the V6[/b]
I thought about that when I posted it up as well so, labeled which ones I could remember. Mine's a 6s so, that's a given... there's like 3 I couldn't remember.

Sorry ladies.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts