Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been wanting to do this for a while now... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Looks great!!! How in the...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just unclipped the decal from the front grill... painted it flat black... and stuck it back on... there are no screws or anything...

i took out the screws that hold the front clip on so that i could bend the plastic a little more to get my hand in behind...

I also did the back decal but haven't gotten around to pulling off the "mazdaspeed6" decals to paint them... Gonna get some fishing line and 2 sided tape to do those... :)

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
hahahahha his dumbass didn't seal it??? ROFL

·
Registered
967 Posts
hahahahha his dumbass didn't seal it??? ROFL
[/b]
That was unnecessary and immature. :sarc: :nono:

It looks good dude. But as someone mentioned, you should seal it. It will last longer. You can buy clear coat in a can just like you did the flat black.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure why everyone is making fun of you for not sealing it. It sounds so easy to remove and repaint that if it did get chipped it won't take long to repair. Its just if you want to take the time to clear it now or repaint it later.

BTW I like the way it looks.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Too bad they're not made out of metal - then they could be powder coated any color, and cost a small fortune.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yaa... thanks for trashing me for not sealing it... if only i cared... like 5isalive said... its easy to remove...

next on the list is to get the rims poweder coated... :) that should cost a pretty penny...

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Kopotunnel you can :kissass: and like it! ^_^

Anyways, Regardless you always seal your paint jobs.......but it looks wonderful though, makes the black mica look even more sexy ^_^

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Not sure why everyone is making fun of you for not sealing it. It sounds so easy to remove and repaint that if it did get chipped it won't take long to repair. Its just if you want to take the time to clear it now or repaint it later.

BTW I like the way it looks.
[/b]
Yeah but, it takes a few seconds to spray some sealant over it, and it'll extend the paint job that much farther. Why skimp out and take a shortcut and have to repair your job more often, rather than doing it correctly the 1st time? Just doesn't make sense to me. You do NOT take shortcuts w/ modding your car, be it paintjob or engine work, it's just one of my rules.

yaa... thanks for trashing me for not sealing it... if only i cared... like 5isalive said... its easy to remove...

next on the list is to get the rims poweder coated... :) that should cost a pretty penny...
[/b]
Just to put it out there, I was trashing nobody. I was just making a recommendation. I think it looks nice, I tried doing this w/ my emblem on the back of my car awhile back but ended up wanting to go totally debadged. We'll see.

Calm down people, jeez!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cool... i prefer the big "M" logo's... specially on the front... cause the grills i have seen so far that replace the one with the "M", do not look right... there's too big of a hole.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It looks good man! I am debating on doing it on my 6.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
hahahahha his dumbass didn't seal it??? ROFL [/b]

nothing like a "friendly" reminder to help a fellow enthusiast along :sarc:

you must be great with kids. :unsure:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Really nice modification. I have been thinking about doing the same to my MS6. It gives the front of the car a distinctive look too. Nice mod.

Reading chat threads like this is a microcosm of society. While most people are reasonable, there is a statistical distribution of behaviors and responses outside the norm. I have always wondered if some of these "6 sigma" people had bad childhoods, a lack of upbringing, mad at the world because of their situation (blaming everyone else), or just societal atomotons hiding behind the anaminity of the web. It's a shame we can't agree and disagree on "things" without directing our comments to the individuals. Especially those sharing innovation and ideas. Sad indeed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW! That was quite a read... :)

I've always wondered why people just can't shut up sometimes... :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
How did you prep the surface?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts