Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am starting to pick out some new wheels for my car. I was wondering what the difference between black and hyper black is, and if anyone has pics. Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey guys, I am starting to pick out some new wheels for my car. I was wondering what the difference between black and hyper black is, and if anyone has pics. Thanks!
[/b]
Hyper black is black that has A.D.D. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, had to.

·
Registered
752 Posts
edit

edit

im not having any luck uploading pics of hyper black wheels, but to me hyper black looks somewhat gray while matte black and gloss black look straight black. if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hyper Black is more like a black chrome, without the bling is the best way to describe.

These are 18in Motegi DP12 Hyper Black.

·
Registered
423 Posts
For some reason they look like 16 in. :/

·
Registered
200 Posts
For some reason they look like 16 in. :/
[/b]
Yeah its weird even the guy that sold me the rims and tires said I could have easily put 19s on it. They are 18s though wrapped in 215/40 zr18 Nitto Neogens. I even have mazaspeed springs on the car.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, that helps out alot.. I have a silver 6 and wanted to go with the blackest rims possible. Thinking about TIG 3 or TIG 5 rims right now.. any other suggestions?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yeah its weird even the guy that sold me the rims and tires said I could have easily put 19s on it. They are 18s though wrapped in 215/40 zr18 Nitto Neogens. I even have mazaspeed springs on the car.
[/b]

I think it is just the angle of the pic. If the pic was from the side without any wheel tread showing I think they would look more like 18's.

Interesting placement of the MazdaSpeed badge...

Nice wheel choice, nice ride! :drive:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I agree with Business, for the bigger effect dont' get rims with a lip. I always felt that 18s with a lip looks like 17s without a lip. And remember there is Gloss and Flat Black.

Example of Glossy Black:

Example of Flat Black:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think it is just the angle of the pic. If the pic was from the side without any wheel tread showing I think they would look more like 18's.

Interesting placement of the MazdaSpeed badge...

Nice wheel choice, nice ride! :drive:
[/b]
Thanks,
Yeah just doing something different , granted its not a mazdaspeed 6 but its a v6 with mazdaspeed parts :) so figured what the heck.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thanks,
Yeah just doing something different , granted its not a mazdaspeed 6 but its a v6 with mazdaspeed parts :) so figured what the heck.
[/b]
Nothing wrong with having a Mazdaspeed badge if you have genuine Mazdaspeed parts.

·
Registered
444 Posts
hey i have the same rims!

I dont know why, mine dont look like 18s either, but they are hyperlblack

·
Registered
412 Posts
does hyperblack = gunmetal in some circles?

·
Registered
142 Posts
It seems like all manufacturers have a different hyperblack. I have seen some that are a touch darker than straight silver, some that look no different than gunmetal, and some that are closer to black which is what I would expect hyperblack to be. I say if you are interested in that color you really need to see what it looks like from the mfg of the wheel you are interested in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts