Mazda 6 Forums banner

Black RX-8 rims on Mazdaspeed 6 - yes or no

13K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Justins6s 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting the RX-8 rims on my 6MPS (Mazdaspeed 6) painted gloss black but am having trouble finding any pics of black or powedercoat RX-8 rims.
My mate did a photo shop of my rims - what do you think?

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/nickows/black%20rims/

What i'd really like is a picture of how they look in real life. Doesnt have to be on a Mazda 6 - just black RX-8 rims would be fine. Any help/opinions much appreciated

Thanks

#2 ·
ive never seen black rx8 rims but i always like the rx8 rims on our cars. so i say go for it i think it will look great.

#7 ·
I'd try to do just the spokes black, leave the outer rim silver, that'd look awesome![/b]
I did this a couple of years ago.
It looked great but the 18's made the car feel heavy and slow.
I went back to lighter 17's.[attachment=19144:m6.jpg]

Attachments

#10 ·
The performance difference between 18" and 17" is very noticeable.
I now have 17" Work Nezart rims that weigh 19lbs.

#12 ·
From RX8club sticky: Stock 18" RX-8 wheels 21.5 lbs.

#15 ·
Hyper Black would be nice.

#17 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone

backinblack - thanks for the pic - I wasnt quite sure if i liked that colour scheme on your RX-8 rims, but the more i look at it the more i like it :)

MODERN 6 - thanks very much for the photoshop. If i take a closer photo of the car it moght work better.

Jaybob - thanks for the link. The gun metal finish on those rims looks pretty sweet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.