Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting the RX-8 rims on my 6MPS (Mazdaspeed 6) painted gloss black but am having trouble finding any pics of black or powedercoat RX-8 rims.
My mate did a photo shop of my rims - what do you think?

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/nickows/black%20rims/

What i'd really like is a picture of how they look in real life. Doesnt have to be on a Mazda 6 - just black RX-8 rims would be fine. Any help/opinions much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
ive never seen black rx8 rims but i always like the rx8 rims on our cars. so i say go for it i think it will look great.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I'm thinking an all silver wheel doesn't do much for the MS6. Some form of two tone really stands out to me. Then again, I'm up between the MB Blast/Enkei A&L Racing/Konig Kolor.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I like the way it looks on a white car. I personally would go with flat black and paint the caliper black. Painting a single piston caliper red is ultra ghetto.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'd try to do just the spokes black, leave the outer rim silver, that'd look awesome![/b]
I did this a couple of years ago.
It looked great but the 18's made the car feel heavy and slow.
I went back to lighter 17's.[attachment=19144:m6.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I did this a couple of years ago.
It looked great but the 18's made the car feel heavy and slow.
I went back to lighter 17's.[attachment=19144:m6.jpg][/b]
Aren't the 18" OEM RX8 rims no more than like a pound heavier than OEM 17" 6 rims? Correct me if i'm wrong...

·
Registered
264 Posts
The performance difference between 18" and 17" is very noticeable.
I now have 17" Work Nezart rims that weigh 19lbs.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
From RX8club sticky: Stock 18" RX-8 wheels 21.5 lbs.

·
Registered
998 Posts
yes 21.5lbs, good catch I was going off of memory..... or was I? I forget....... :huh:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hyper Black would be nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone

backinblack - thanks for the pic - I wasnt quite sure if i liked that colour scheme on your RX-8 rims, but the more i look at it the more i like it :)

MODERN 6 - thanks very much for the photoshop. If i take a closer photo of the car it moght work better.

Jaybob - thanks for the link. The gun metal finish on those rims looks pretty sweet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.