Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the set of videos that Black Magic put up with examples of several exhaust....(great idea), I'm sure its been around for a while, but I just got to it...one of the set ups that caught my eye was the axel back straight pipes (muffler delete)...any thoughts on this...I'm considering this cause I'd save money on universal mufflers and just have my shop bend me some straight piping from the axel point back...it didn't sound too loud in the clip...the constant of all of them showed me that Mazda 6's don't seem to get that loud...at least not civic ricy loud...any thoughts?

·
Registered
815 Posts
i have straight pipes on my 6i. its pretty loud ill tell ya that. im actually thinkin about investing some money into a pair of aftermarket mufflers now to get it a little more quieter.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
i have straight pipes on my 6i. its pretty loud ill tell ya that. im actually thinkin about investing some money into a pair of aftermarket mufflers now to get it a little more quieter.
[/b]
did you just delete the mufflers or did you get rid of the cats too? do you also have a sound clip?

·
Registered
815 Posts
nope no sound clip. its just a muffler delete. the v6 with straight pipes is quieter than the i4 with straight pipes. my buddy with a v6 mazda6 got his straight piped at the same shop where i got mine done and mine is way louder. i got a headache the first time i drove it but i guess you get used to it.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I heard a V6 with straights, it sounded good but much too loud for my taste. Driving behind it was definitely cool though :D The owner ended up pulling them off because of the drone. I'd NEVER try it on the 6i.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Ok well it seems like I wont be doing this then. Thanks for your input guys.

Just curious...whats the reason why a 6i is louder than a 6s without mufflers?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nope no sound clip. its just a muffler delete. the v6 with straight pipes is quieter than the i4 with straight pipes. my buddy with a v6 mazda6 got his straight piped at the same shop where i got mine done and mine is way louder. i got a headache the first time i drove it but i guess you get used to it.
[/b]
damn it all to hell!!! :swearin: ...back to the drawing board...I found some mufflers for 119 a piece...that already seems REALLY low...but...out of my lustful frugalness...is there anything cheaper...(if there was, it would probably be unmitigated 6th level crap)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts