Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get black carpet for the 6, preferably molded?

I don't mean floor mats either... I spent 3 days on google searching and searched it here with no real luck. I'm repainting my interior and redoing the headliner but it wouldn't be cool that everything is black, white, with red lighting if my carpets are grey. This is irking me. If anyone has any idea where I can get it let me know. If not I guess I could just see to buy some industrial/office/home type carpetting, take a week off work, and try and do the trimming, molding, and installing myself but from what I read that's going to be a pain in the ass and I would like to avoid it. :irate:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I thought I looked at a SPEED6 with black carpet. Which means you should be able to order a molded black carpet from your local dealer. Anyone else know differently?

·
Registered
109 Posts
why dont you just find a wrecked 6 with the black leather and get the black carpet out of it? or you could order from the dealer

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought I looked at a SPEED6 with black carpet. Which means you should be able to order a molded black carpet from your local dealer. Anyone else know differently?
[/b]
I could do that but would it fit? or atleast close to? if it does I'll be off to the dealer as quickly as it takes to put on some pants and start the car.... the pants are is optional...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why dont you just find a wrecked 6 with the black leather and get the black carpet out of it? or you could order from the dealer
[/b]
I haven't been able to find a wrecked 6 anywhere around here, and if I do its always like a 80 mile trip for a used carpet that I'm not even sure what kind of quality it is.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You could've bought a car with a black interior in the first place.
[/b]
Easy reply... Mr. Tea could've of bought a car with a turbo in the first place... but he didn't. Why? he likes his car and then went hm I want a turbo. I could've of bought a car with black interior but I didn't why? I liked it then went hm I want my interior this color scheme. At the time I got a new 6 that was listed for $20,100 for $12,220 after taxes and all fees from a hookup. If you're willingly to sell me a brand new car with black interior that's not a Yaris for that price keep talking I'm listening. If not, that's why I didn't. :nana:

if you can't find any wrecked cars close to you it sounds like you either have to buy it from factory or get some that is not molded. good luck
[/b]
Yeah I would rather get it from the factory if not then a not molded one is fine I have an idea of how I can mold it myself but that'll be a 3 or 4 day project itself.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i miss the gray interior from my Mazda6, the black in the Speed6 is damn near impossible to keep clean. black shows every bit of dust & dirt. the gray was a little more stealthy & made the interior appear much larger.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Easy reply... Mr. Tea could've of bought a car with a turbo in the first place... but he didn't. Why? he likes his car and then went hm I want a turbo. I could've of bought a car with black interior but I didn't why? I liked it then went hm I want my interior this color scheme. At the time I got a new 6 that was listed for $20,100 for $12,220 after taxes and all fees from a hookup. If you're willingly to sell me a brand new car with black interior that's not a Yaris for that price keep talking I'm listening. If not, that's why I didn't. :nana:
Yeah I would rather get it from the factory if not then a not molded one is fine I have an idea of how I can mold it myself but that'll be a 3 or 4 day project itself.
[/b]
Damn, what a smart-ass. You're the one that asked the silly question. With all the money you saved when you purchased your 6, go order your black carpet from the dealer and be done with it. :p

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I'm in the same situation as you are now. I've started to convert my gray interior to black (about 30% done now).

In terms of the black carpet I've considered laying the gray one ontop of the black one and just cut out the area that needs to be removed to fit perfectly inside the car. I really refuse to pay someone to do such an mindless task and I prefer to take pride in my car and the fact that I am able to do work on it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Damn, what a smart-ass. You're the one that asked the silly question. With all the money you saved when you purchased your 6, go order your black carpet from the dealer and be done with it. :p
[/b]

I would have replied the same way. He didn't ask what color he should have gotten. He asked what would be a good place to get the carpet. If you cant answer the question at hand, don’t post.

On top of the given reasons for not initially getting black, others could have included...

- There wasn’t one on the lot with black interior equipped the way he wanted
- The outside color was more important at the time
- It wasn’t available with his trim level

His post was useless just like this one is, but stuff like that infuriates me. We are here to help, not irritate.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would have replied the same way. He didn't ask what color he should have gotten. He asked what would be a good place to get the carpet. If you cant answer the question at hand, don’t post.

On top of the given reasons for not initially getting black, others could have included...

- There wasn’t one on the lot with black interior equipped the way he wanted
- The outside color was more important at the time
- It wasn’t available with his trim level

His post was useless just like this one is, but stuff like that infuriates me. We are here to help, not irritate.
[/b]
Can't we all just get along :p. Actually he's not wrong for saying should of gotten a car with black interior... its an answer I would get from my dad... but he's not right either. Its all fun and games though and plus a little ball busting is always expected :yesnod:

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Puaaaahahaha. I was in the same boat, and said screw it... so I did my own thing, of course! Can't follow the rest of the crowd, ya know :D

But yeah, carpet situation solved, seat situation solved, doors solved, now left is the headliner and I'm DONE! Thank god. And I've got a guy ready to do that for me for the low price of FREE! :dmetal:

Pics should be up hopefully within like a week? Possibly.

Good luck on the black carpet ;) I couldnt' stand the grey either! All the grey I have left is the headliner.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
So did we decide to order from the dealer...or did we decide to do it ourselves? If we did it ourselves...id be intrested to know how long it took. The peg that holds the drivers side floor mat is ripping out to a point where its NFG....debating ordering carpet from the dealer, wrecker....or waht have youor i might try to save some $ and do it myself...custom work is always more fun anyways

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
16 Participants
Confuc1ous
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing