Mazda 6 Forums banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,842 Posts
winter is coming :(

Yeah, pretty soon I have to do the same. I'm trying to hold out as long as possible though because with all the commuting I do I'm afraid this will be the last season for my Blizzaks.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Had a bit of a bummer yesterday. Hit a piece of tire rubber on I-94 south of Milwaukee, and it destroyed my front lip. busted a big chunk of it off, and the rest of it fell off as I pulled into a gas station to inspect

fortunately it appears that there wasn't any damage other than the lip.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just moved up to SE Michigan too, my 6 is not loving these roads haha. Do you recomend staying away from the xxr 527?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Unfortunately, I would say that I don't recommend them. They look fantastic, and they're really cheap, but in terms of structural integrity, you get what you pay for. Yes there is a lifetime structural warranty that I've used twice, but you still have to pay to get the tire dismounted, ship the wheel back, wait to get the replacement, then get the tire remounted and balanced. I knew XXR wheels kind of had that reputation, but that was a risk I decided to take. You just have to decide if that's something you want to risk as well. Just make sure you're extremely diligent in avoiding potholes!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
looks like it's been a while since I've been in this thread, probably because things haven't really changed with the car haha. I did add another STi lip after a piece of tire rubber ate mine last year. I'm not quite as happy with this one as the old one, but whatever. No pictures right now, maybe sometime later.

Anyway, about a week and a half ago, I noticed that the exhaust was loud. Like, really loud. I wondered what was going on, but it didn't take long for me to figure it out:

The cheap welds from 3 years ago when I got the Magnaflows installed rusted through on one side, and they were close to it on the other side. Had to get an exhaust shop to put in some new stainless pipes. Sounds great now! And I drove it to Eastern PA last weekend (about 16 hours of driving round-trip) and it performed admirably as always!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Holy crap, has it really been 2 1/2 years since I last posted in this thread?

Anywho, I sold the car last night after 6.5 faithful years of service. Had less than 108k miles on it, sold it to a 16 year old kid for his first car. Got $4000 for it. I hope this car treats the kid well!

221 - 228 of 228 Posts