Mazda 6 Forums banner

201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
i recommend you do not plastic wheels. after you do the work its all getting ripped off when they put it in the machine to mount your tires. its much stronger to just spray them with auto paint. just a thought

·
Registered
585 Posts
Car's looking good man, glad you got your wheel/tire taken care of, that must have been a heck of a scare.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yikes >_> Sorry to hear/see that man :T

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Haven't had an update in a while. Got the new wheel, finally got the rear shocks installed (I had been running stock rears), and most significantly, I installed an STI front lip.

It's ever-so-slightly uneven, but I think it turned out pretty good considering it's the wrong lip on the wrong car haha. It's kind of hard to see well in these pictures, I'll have to get better ones at some point.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
04 05 Impreza WRX STI V Limited Front Bumper Lip Urethane | eBay

To be clear, the lip MUST be modified in order to fit on a 6. Nothing complicated, just a bit of a pain. Basically everything that sticks up to mount onto the Subaru bumper fastener positions needs to be cut off. I used a router with a cutting wheel (don't have it running too fast or else you'll melt the plastic as you're trying to cut it). You'll then have to use self-tapping screws to screw the lip to the bottom of the bumper on the 6.

201 - 220 of 228 Posts