Mazda 6 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 228 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
1-year anniversary with the 6 was yesterday! Celebrated by getting it washed up and snapping a couple pics.
I always feel like Spiderman when Im driving my lapis 6 with all the red reflectors and crap.

It looks nice black on blue, I'm still in the works of getting mine murdered out

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
So the other day I was hanging out with some friends, and I looked outside to see this:

There were a bunch of random dudes checking out my car. That was a nice ego-booster haha. Actually, I get WAY more compliments with this car than I ever did with the Camaro. I guess the import crowd thinks the 6 looks pretty nice, whereas in the domestic crowd the Camaro only ranks as "meh."

·
Registered
585 Posts
So the other day I was hanging out with some friends, and I looked outside to see this:

There were a bunch of random dudes checking out my car. That was a nice ego-booster haha. Actually, I get WAY more compliments with this car than I ever did with the Camaro. I guess the import crowd thinks the 6 looks pretty nice, whereas in the domestic crowd the Camaro only ranks as "meh."
Well
1) That car looks fantastic and
2) Idk about what it's like where you live, but around me there aren't many modded 6's and half of them are either riced or are 4x4 status with aftermarket wheels. There are only 4 (including mine) that I know of that have a few mods but also lowered their cars decently to make it all fit together... it's nice to stand out :) Another slammed Integra, while really cool, doesn't catch people's attention as much as a nicely done 6.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Yeah, modded 6s aren't very common around here. I live in metro Detroit, so there are a lot more domestics. I'd say the most common modded imports are Subarus, Evos, and VWs/Audis. I'm in the Michigan Mazda Owner's Club, and I think I'm the only one who has a modded non-Speed 6. But almost every time I see someone checking out my car, the first thing they ask is, "Is it a Speed?" Which I want to answer, "No, if you knew anything about these cars you would know that immediately," haha

·
Registered
1,915 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
I actually think that it happened a couple months ago when I hit a bad pothole. There was a slight vibration then, but that was all. I didn't see a bend in the wheel, so I figured it just knocked off a wheel weight or something. I think now that it cracked, and it just took this long for the crack to propagate enough for it to lose air. I'm just glad it didn't happen along the 700 miles I drove this weekend.

I got the mini-spare on, took the nearest exit, then limped back home on the side streets.

181 - 200 of 228 Posts