Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, figured I'd start a thread to document the work I'll be doing to my 2005 6S hatch. First, the car itself

2005 6S hatch V6 ATX
Fully loaded with pretty much every option (leather, 6-disc CD, heated seats, sunroof, etc.)
bought a couple weeks ago with 32,000 miles

Here are pictures of when I first picked it up:

My plans for this car are to do just cosmetic/appearance mods. If I want to go fast, I can put money into my Camaro haha. I'm planning on dong a black/blue theme, hence the username.

The day I bought the car, I bought the first parts: Mazdaspeed tails (courtesy @Javis )

Here's a crappy cell phone pic of them installed:

I also added a couple stickers. First, to represent the Michigan State Racing Club (of which I'm an alumni officer):

(located on driver's side rear quarter window)

Then, to represent my friend's business:

(located on windshield by VIN plate)

I also added the obligatory alumni license plate:

My remaining plans are as follows:

Lowered (thinking Tein H-tech)
Tint (30% all the way around)
plasti-dip grille black
06-08 black housing headlights
black rims (no idea which ones yet), probably 18"
plasti-dip stock wheels, use for winter wheels
remove all badges but front and back Mazda logos (dip the back one)
remove door molding
tint front turn signals, CHMSL, and rear reflectors
exhaust (more for form than function)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I look forward to seeing the progression. May i suggest considering eibach springs. Love mine!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Eh, they seem a bit low for what I want. I also live in southeast Michigan, where the roads are pretty much horrendous. This is my daily driver, so I want to maintain a reasonable amount of comfort. From what I've seen, it sounds like H-techs wouldn't compromise ride quality too much.

Dont get the 06-08 headlights because of the black color!
Paint your current ones black, its easy, cheaper and the black you'll paint yours is easily much nicer than that shitty grey chromy stuff on the 06-08

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Like I said in that other thread, I don't think that my paint job could match OEM quality. Plus I like the chrome rings.

·
100% CANUCK
7,600 Posts
Eh, they seem a bit low for what I want. I also live in southeast Michigan, where the roads are pretty much horrendous. This is my daily driver, so I want to maintain a reasonable amount of comfort. From what I've seen, it sounds like H-techs wouldn't compromise ride quality too much.
They only drop 1.5" or something like that. Cant be much more than the h-techs. I noticed very little difference compared to stock.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
119 Posts
Car looks very nice and im digging the hatch. hmm

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Welcome! Great looking car. I think those rims would look awesome. I also have the Eibach Pro springs with stock shocks and they are still very driveable on New England roads. Only slightly stiffer than stock, just enough to make the car feel more sporty.

Dont get the 06-08 headlights because of the black color!
Paint your current ones black, its easy, cheaper and the black you'll paint yours is easily much nicer than that shitty grey chromy stuff on the 06-08

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Depends on the trim. My Grand Sport has flat black bezels with slightly tinted chrome on the rings.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hey everybody, figured I'd start a thread to document the work I'll be doing to my 2005 6S hatch. First, the car itself

2005 6S hatch V6 ATX
Fully loaded with pretty much every option (leather, 6-disc CD, heated seats, sunroof, etc.)
bought a couple weeks ago with 32,000 miles
Wow, and 8ish year old car with only 32k miles on it? Did you get a story behind that?

1 - 20 of 228 Posts