Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not usually one to go with black rims, but they were cheap and I think they look decent with 235/40/18 BFG KDW's mounted. Black 18x7.5 ASA AR1

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The KDW 2's are intersting tires. I expected ride quality to go down with 40 series tires. Ride quality is much better, however turn in is more vague now, but grip is a lot better. These tires remind me of Falken Azenis Sports, but they have tread!

What pressures do people usually run BFG KDW 2's for Autocross? The KDW's feel like they want more pressure and I'm at 38 psi now.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
The KDW 2's are intersting tires. I expected ride quality to go down with 40 series tires. Ride quality is much better, however turn in is more vague now, but grip is a lot better. These tires remind me of Falken Azenis Sports, but they have tread!

What pressures do people usually run BFG KDW 2's for Autocross? The KDW's feel like they want more pressure and I'm at 38 psi now.
[/b]
Did you have to roll the fenders? Seems like everyone who's gone with anything over a 225 says they get rubbing if they don't roll the fenders.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you have to roll the fenders? Seems like everyone who's gone with anything over a 225 says they get rubbing if they don't roll the fenders.
[/b]
No rubbing as the wheel offset is correct. The clearence on front suspension is real close however.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I love how mine look.
[/b]
like the wheels, but you need to have some of those swirl marks removed damn there is a lot.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
No rubbing as the wheel offset is correct. The clearence on front suspension is real close however.
[/b]
Sweet, how much did you pay for the set with tires? Those looks pretty damn good and I might have to grab a set :drive:

I've got a Black GT and I like that silver band on the outside of the wheel, contrasts with the black on the car and wheel nicely. Nice ride, man!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
[/b]
Just found this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18x7-5-ASA-...98800QQtcZphoto

tires and wheels for $1000, not too bad. Is that about what you paid? Obviously you've got 235s so you might have paid more on the tires but I think 225s will be good enough for TWS when I go in a month. I'm a little nervous since you said that you were not rubbing, but close on the front suspension. Taking corners at 90-100 at TWS, I don't want tires and suspension pieces anywhere near each other :)

BTW the offset they list in the auction is 52mm, is that correct for our car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
459 Posts
like the wheels, but you need to have some of those swirl marks removed damn there is a lot.
[/b]
I didnt know this was thread about swirl marks. Try having your car more than a couple of months then talk to me about swirl marks. I dont need a noob telling about imperfections on my car. I will bet any money if you put youre car in that same kind of lighting you will have swirl marks too. :eek:fftopic:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I didnt know this was thread about swirl marks. Try having your car more than a couple of months then talk to me about swirl marks. I dont need a noob telling about imperfections on my car. I will bet any money if you put youre car in that same kind of lighting you will have swirl marks too. :eek:fftopic:
[/b]
swirl marks are absolutely no fun at all... only way to keep from getting them is to garage your vehicle from day one and never let it out... EVER! but hell, nothing you can do about it otherwise... the car loves to be outdoors so let it be....

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
[/b]
1. get over yourself
2. he has a point

geez, don't overreact

·
Registered
459 Posts
1. get over yourself
2. he has a point

geez, don't overreact
[/b]
:thefing: and :kissass: thats not the point of this thread. So no he doesnt have a point. I f*****g hate when people post off topic just so they can say something. If you have nothing to give to the thread dont post anything. I dont go around pointing out imporfections about other peoples cars. Niether do 95% of the people on this forum. I guess you guys are that 5% a** whole part. I am very offended and would have not done that to anyone else.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
:thefing: and :kissass: thats not the point of this thread. So no he doesnt have a point. I f*****g hate when people post off topic just so they can say something. If you have nothing to give to the thread dont post anything. I dont go around pointing out imporfections about other peoples cars. Niether do 95% of the people on this forum. I guess you guys are that 5% a** whole part. I am very offended and would have not done that to anyone else.
[/b]
Go clean that sand out of your vag

·
Registered
46 Posts
We have a brite one here.
Nexed time you insult someone try and make shure its origanal. Who asked you anyways? :lurk: Someone please close this thread it is now useless. Sorry to the thread starter . :closedeyes:
[/b]
"brite" should look like: bright
"Nexed" should look like: Next
"shure" should be: sure
"origanal" should be: original

1 - 20 of 26 Posts