Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here,.as you can see from my post count, I have a 2007 6, I sport Value Edition, manual transmission. 135,000 miles, car is in pristine condition and I have no interest in getting rid of it.

Anyway Today the car started this:

The symptoms:
  • Key in the ignition door closed everything works as normal.
  • Shut off the engine, take the key out of the ignition and open the door and you get the key left in ignition chime.
  • Close the door with the key out of the ignition and the chime stops.
  • Remote locking and unlocking does not work.
  • I can lock and unlock all four doors manually with the key. The driver’s door lock is electrically tied to the other doors and can unlock them all when the key is used to unlock the driver’s door
  • The electric lock switch on the driver’s door is the master for all four doors. Try to lock the doors with it and it kicks back to unlocked.
I’m thinking the ignition switch thinks the key is still in the ignition switch after it’s removed. What do you folks think?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I dropped by the dealer and they mentioned it might be a sensor in the door that tells the rest of the car the door is closed. I assume he means the rubber covered switch on the door jamb, just under the latch, that also activates the courtesy and interior lights. I can have the door open, key not in the ignition and when I push that button in the beeping stops so I assume that is the only door open sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the dealer look at it while they replaced the passenger side air bag again. It just need to be cleaned and lubed. One half hour of shop time. Money well spent, IMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts