Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just started using the Bit Torrent stuff to "share" files. I know I am "sharing" big files but my download speed is very slow! I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some tips and tell me how to speed up the "sharing".
Thanks

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Basically with torrents it just depends on how many people you are connected too. If a particular torrent doesn't have many seeds or peers, then you probably won't get it very fast. Bit torrent is more of a "set it and forget it" vs. an "I want it right now" sharing system.

The only thing that might help you is if you are behind a router/firewall then you can open a port for torrents which should allow you to connect to more people.

·
Registered
115 Posts
ShaDrag is correct. Make sure you can see all the available peers through your firewall/router.

What kind of internet connection are you using? DSL, cable, or higher should get you some pretty good transfer rates everything being in place.

Some torrents have many peers/seeders that will ultimately speed up your transfer. However, if your torrent is not very popular, you may have slow transfer speed do to lack of people in the "swarm". You could be connected with everyone in the swarm, but if there are only 3 of them, your transfer speed isn't going to be all that great no matter what.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts