Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,
want to say hello to all mazda6 board members. just can't help not to drool over the new mazda6 . it kicks ass . what's the scoop about mazdaspeed6 2.4 I4 turbo ?? is it really comming out or what ? if it is, i just met me an expensive , hard to find new friend.
right now i drive an oldskool 6 . you know, it's 1st gen mx-6 hooked up dx. no its not a GT but its still fun to drive.

very kool site...if ya all don't mind i will tour around this site in search for some nice mazda6's just to please my eyes..heheh.. i don't know if you have ever check out mx6 related sites,but if you all get bored for some reason, stop by www.mx6.com and visit all the hard core sick sixers . there are some very fast 1st gen's with JDM engines (FE3) and custom turbos. turbo FE3s produce huge amounts for hp. They are capable of over 500hp with a turbo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reading Topic: big fan of new mazda6

oh man , trust me i would but the only thing that kept me in this car was JDM engine (FE3). turbo FE3s produce huge amounts for hp. They are capable of over 500hp with a turbo.

like i said>>> what's the scoop about mazdaspeed6 2.4 I4 turbo ?? is it really comming out or what ? if it is, i just met me an expensive , hard to find new friend<<<.

i think i'll be hanging aorund for this one . i mean , mazda6 kicks ass don't get me wrong but mazdaspeed6 is worth making that huge monthly payment... oh yeah, no silver spoon in my mouth.
laterz
Iggy

·
Registered
980 Posts

It's hard to say about the Mazdaspeed 6. There has been crazy rumours but as of yet I don't think there has been an official announcement by Mazda.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

We know it exists, we've seen pictures of the car! I'm guessing it's just a matter of if there's a market for this car in the US. It costs a lot of money to import and market a car, and judging by the number of 6s that I see on the road, Mazda isn't doing all that hot on sales right now.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

This is true. It doesn't help to launch a car in the fall, no one buys cars when winter's coming up...

·
Registered
980 Posts

Exactly but if they launched it with the damn hatch, I think more people would have bought the car.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

AHHH!! That is an MX-6. Alwyas thought of it as a round two door sedan/hatch halfbreed..

That car was sold as Mazda 626 Coupé in Sweden. We have MX6 too but those are just the newer round cars...

About the MPS - is it really a 2.4? Thought it was a 2.3...

Welcome here by they way and congrats with beeing born with good taste :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

what specs ? do you mean 1st gen mx-6 specs ?

"AHHH!! That is an MX-6. Alwyas thought of it as a round two door sedan/hatch halfbreed.."

come on dude!!! some jap & euro spec 626 coupe have FE 2.0 DOHC 16 Valve engines . they can be madeto be turbo . mazda rally team used to race FE3T engines in early '90. they only made 26 of those cars. turbo FE3 are capable of huge HP . I 've seen some guy with over 500HP. yes , in that two door halfbreed car.
that's the only thing why i'm still hangin to this car, otherwise i would be driving the new mazda6 .

oh yeah , reason why ppl aren't buying mazda6 is b/c of Ford bad reputation. they think that Mazda is Ford .

·
Registered
980 Posts

No I was talking about the specs about the Mazdaspeed 6. I've heard over 300 hp and AWD but can anyone give me more?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

I know it's AWD, which is awesome, I don't know any more than that. Glad I could be like, really really useful.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I know...this us being useful and not whoring.
Edit: If I think aobut it...I am still whoring.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

"Exactly but if they launched it with the damn hatch, I think more people would have bought the car. "

..or even better . make it 2 dr coupe . that would make it 3rd gen mx-6.

blackbird , thanx and you re welcome . my car ain't all that fast . stock 1st gen mx-6 non turbo produces 110 hp and 130 ft/lb of torque . i've not dyno my car so i' can't say. estimates with all my modz :
135 HP and 150 ft/lbs .... this is only my guess it could be around 130HP .

now.. US 1st gen mx-6 turbo has 150 hp and 190 ft/lbs stock. with a chip , 3 inch exhaust, turbo controler they are around 220 HP.
mine isn't turbo. it could be if i do engine swap,.. but i rather save money for a new mazda6.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

It reminds of a R32 Skyline in it's design somehow...

Some MPS specs (as I have heard them)
2.3l I4 280hp, 360 newton (265 lb. ft.)
AWD system with Active Torque Transfer System (ATTS)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Replying to Topic 'big fan of new mazda6'

Originally posted by Blackbird

It reminds of a R32 Skyline in it's design somehow...  [/b]
Blasphemy! The skyline is the greatest import car ever designed!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: mazda6 turbo

Well that could be argued, but I'm gonna agree with you on that one.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: mazda6 turbo

Yeah I like the 32 and 34... The new one looks baaad and the R33 looks... timid.. Nothing in the 33's design says "agressive". Just a pices of lard... The R34 on the other hand... Yummy!! Only fault is that it has a large ass and that it illegal everywear... Or maybe thats good.. So I don't have to see them on the streets here knowing I will never have the money to have one :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts