Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thers a huge one on 12th ave... near clark i think... im runnin on my spare now.. and i gotta buy a new rim...
u guys think i'd be better off just getting a whole set of aftermarkets and tires or just replacing the oem?
are there any other fixes for a bent rim?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm not sure but I vaguely recall if your wheel get damaged by potholes and call icbc of the location and they will fix/replace your wheel. You just have to pay a deductable? I tried looking on their site but couldn't find anything so I could be wrong =\

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow ok i'll give that a try.. i guess i gotta verify the place first tho
i guess .. vancouver city hall?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vancouver City Hall has the Risk & Emergency Mgmt dept which deals with these types of claims. 604-873-7700

Good luck.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you proceed with a claim under your insurance, it will be considered an at fault collision claim and subject to your collision deductible.

Also, if you are attempting to go after the city for the damages, they will likely respond with the following.

http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/statreg/stat/L/963....htm#section288

Immunity against certain nuisance actions
288 A municipality, council, regional district, board or improvement district, or a greater board, is not liable in any action based on nuisance or on the rule in the Rylands v. Fletcher case if the damages arise, directly or indirectly, out of the breakdown or malfunction of

(a) a sewer system,

(b) a water or drainage facility or system, or

© a dike or a road.

Your best bet is to see if you can get the rim repaired. Try Nubrite, Panther, or Greens.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i called city hall and the lady said "good luck... it usually doesnt work though" -.-''
how much does it cost to get a rim repaired... on average?

·
Registered
13 Posts
i haven't tried calling Vancouver City Hall before for potholes but i've heard it works.

And Narf, Vancouver doesn't follow the Local Gov't Act, they have their own called the Vancouver Charter. But the Vancouver Charter has the same section regarding streets and liability.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and where could i go to do this? im not sure what nubrite or greens are... :goon:

btw: if anyone else ever has this problem
email all the info (location/time/date/which lane/2 private estimates of the damage (or invoice of repair)/pictures if any) to [email protected]

·
Registered
157 Posts
and where could i go to do this? im not sure what nubrite or greens are... :goon:

btw: if anyone else ever has this problem
email all the info (location/time/date/which lane/2 private estimates of the damage (or invoice of repair)/pictures if any) to [email protected]
[/b]
We had a chunk taken out of one of our rims, we had it fixed by Nu-Brite, looks as good as new.

Nu-Brite Industries Inc
9535 190 Street,
Surrey, BC
V4N 3S1
Canada
(604) 888-3630

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just an update ... if anyone cares lol
i started this in april and i filed a complaint to city hall
they did their little investigation
and now theyre sending me a cheque for the cost of the rim :D
so thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
just an update ... if anyone cares lol
i started this in april and i filed a complaint to city hall
they did their little investigation
and now theyre sending me a cheque for the cost of the rim :D
so thanks for the help!
[/b]
You're lucky, dude. -.-"

Btw, I hope u'll use the money to buy a nice set of aftermarket wheels and tires combo.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
6 Participants
Ichi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing