Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was leaving my part time job at NTB last night and testing my new Yoko's when I did this again and remembered to ask about it. As I turned out of the parking lot I was in 2nd doing maybe 10 and had the throttle about 75% open and I got a deeper, more throaty sound like my old 3.2 Taurus SHO used to give.

But I only get this sound as the car is warming up to normal operating temp. When at normal temp its not as loud or throaty. Anyone??????

·
Registered
498 Posts
air temp outside. its almost like having cold air intake...for 45 seconds each day.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got the CP-E, that and its happend in Summer, Winter........

Mods in sig

·
Registered
461 Posts
Everything is warming up, thats the basic answer.

I personally hate how the car feels and sounds when it's warming up. I avoid driving it like that at all costs.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
The engine runs at a different air/fuel mixture when initially warming up. This is so that the catalytic converter can get up to optimum temperature to work properly much sooner. You're also running in open-loop when warming up, which also has a significant impact on your air/fuel ratio.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The engine runs at a different air/fuel mixture when initially warming up. This is so that the catalytic converter can get up to optimum temperature to work properly much sooner. You're also running in open-loop when warming up, which also has a significant impact on your air/fuel ratio.
[/b]

That would explain the A/F guage I used to have being so erratic during warmup. Good Answer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Did you buy our brand name yokohama as430's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Chris7a6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing