Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
it's said that it take 1 or 2 hours? Is that exact?
[/b]
Nope.
It takes 20 minutes, alone to bake the headlight housing so you can open them up. And unless you got an industrial sized oven at your house, you're gonna bake them one at a time. Which gives you a total of 40 minutes so far.
Keep in mind that you still haven't opened the housings yet, cleaned all the stock sealant, installed the DDEs, and ballasts, resealed and reassembled the housings, installed the wiring, and reassembled the front of the car (you know that the bumper and the grille needs to come off also, right?)
I'm not trying to discourage you, I just want to make sure that you're not being fooled by some ebay seller telling you that it's an easy 1-2 hour install.
It's not. But it is a great modification. Check my avatar, and my garage. My DDE's came from RPM.
Donny's the best! I recommend that you go through RPM too!

---Aloha

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i have to remove th front bumper, the headlight assembly and pull out the light?
Can i do it by myself? maybe it's better to be at least two?
what you guys do you think?

·
Registered
53 Posts
THe halos are definitely a great looking modification, but unless you've done it before or have a freind who's a whiz at this, I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself. chances are that when you go to reassemble your lights they won't look to clean. I would phone friend on this one buddy. :drive:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the most difficult part is to put those angel DDE halo in the headlight right? The rest is electric and mechanic techniques ; it won't be so hard to do?
And we have to bake the headlight to remove the clear plastic front the headlight assembly?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts