Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last post on this was 2004, and images have expired.

Can anyone post pics or opinions on Cargo Mat vs Cargo Tray vs Cargo Organizer vs Cargo Net? (Or should we get all four!)

Or are there any aftermarket/non-Mazda options to consider?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
*thump*thump* subwoofers?
but see if sabrina can hook u up with some cargo nets, she sells it cheaper than the dealer even though she kinda is a dealer. Idk just buy shit from her period.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Last post on this was 2004, and images have expired.

Can anyone post pics or opinions on Cargo Mat vs Cargo Tray vs Cargo Organizer vs Cargo Net? (Or should we get all four!)

Or are there any aftermarket/non-Mazda options to consider?
[/b]
I bought the tray instead of the mat. It works great, fits perfectly and is easily hosed off. The mat seems kind of useless if you intend to carry anything dirty. Also, it has nice textured ridges to keep stuff from sliding. I also bought the cargo net, but it only lays flat on the floor (not perpendicular to the trunk floor), so you have to put stuff under it to keep it from sliding. It works, but I'd rather have one that folds into a traditional cargo net for keeping bags upright.

Oddly enough, few of the Mazda Accessories websites have the Organizer available - and I've noticed that those that do don't specify that it fits in the wagon for some reason. If you find one for a good price, let us know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oddly enough, few of the Mazda Accessories websites have the Organizer available - and I've noticed that those that do don't specify that it fits in the wagon for some reason. If you find one for a good price, let us know.
[/b]
I came across the Organizer at mazdapartspeople.com

Looks like it's specified for the wagon. But at $110+ I'd like to know what people think before I mail-order it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I came across the Organizer at mazdapartspeople.com

Looks like it's specified for the wagon. But at $110+ I'd like to know what people think before I mail-order it.
[/b]
Ugh... yeah, that's not exactly cheap, is it? I've been watching eBay for them and they seem to list in the $100-150 range unless they're used. I just don't need it badly enough to spend that kind of money on one.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think the organizer thing is one of the most useful things that I've bought, I'm always using it for groceries, tools, whatever I don't want sliding around the back. you need to get the cargo tray also with the orgainzier. the net, in the 5 door, would lay flat b/c the hooks are only down low (I think the wagon has hooks low and high?) so food would get crushed. and when I'm not using the organizer and I need some more room for long things, it collapses easy. but then I got mine thrown in w/ the car, but if I had to buy it, I would in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the organizer thing is one of the most useful things that I've bought, I'm always using it for groceries, tools, whatever I don't want sliding around the back. you need to get the cargo tray also with the orgainzier. the net, in the 5 door, would lay flat b/c the hooks are only down low (I think the wagon has hooks low and high?) so food would get crushed. and when I'm not using the organizer and I need some more room for long things, it collapses easy. but then I got mine thrown in w/ the car, but if I had to buy it, I would in a heartbeat.
[/b]
Cool. Any chance you could post pics of it both collapsed and set up? Mazda's stock picture makes it hard to see any of its features.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm really pleased with the cargo tray in my 5 door. It fits well and it easy to clean.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'd love to see some pics of the cargo organizer installed - especially in the wagon. Does it all fold flat when you need the entire acrgo area? If anyone has one in their car, a few pics of it in various types of use would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts