Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking forward to change my stock Yokos. Please let me know your valuable suggestions.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Blizzak WS-70 -WS80 are some of the best tire I have tried. Works really well on deep snow and icy roads. Have never found myself stuck during harsh snow storms with these on. Get taller sidewalls vs summers.

9/10. Can be more expensive vs others.

·
Registered
246 Posts
All season use
What would you like to improve over the stock Yokohamas? More grip, comfier, quieter, better snow traction, etc.? Tires are always a compromise, give a little here and you lose a little there. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ might be the top dog for all-season performance, although you lose out on snow ability versus others. Goodyear also recently released the Eagle Exhilarate, which initial reviews have put right up there with the Michelin's and run a bit less money. I'm less familiar with more comfortable touring type tires, but I'm sure we could figure out the best for that if that's what you're looking for.

Reactions: Tygriz

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blizzak WS-70 -WS80 are some of the best tire I have tried. Works really well on deep snow and icy roads. Have never found myself stuck during harsh snow storms with these on. Get taller sidewalls vs summers.

9/10. Can be more expensive vs others.
How about handling and steering response in dry conditions?

·
Registered
246 Posts
How about handling and steering response in dry conditions?
Terrible lol. Blizzak's have their place in snow (I've run WS-80's on my 6 and my winter-beater Milan), but dry performance is not a thing they do.

Where do you live and how much snow do you deal with in a year?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT, coilovers 1.2" drop, OVTuned, Injen CAI, Thrush Exhaust
119 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the General Gmax-AS5, they have phenomenal dry weather traction, great wet traction, and ok snow traction (I'm in the northwest where we get just a little bit of snow and these do alright for my purposes). Plus they're not that expensive and so far are wearing well, I think there are more expensive tires may be a quieter, but not noticebly better performance (though there are some that are significantly better in snow).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts