Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've never been a fan of tire shine personally... mainly because after 2 days it looks brown and nasty and it gets all over the wheels and fenders. But that being said, I broke down a few weeks ago and got some Black Magic Titanium tire shine. The stuff is GREAT. It goes on nice, doesn't sling at all and lasts a long time. And even after a couple washes, it doesn't turn brown from dirt and dust. Just kind of goes away. I've been pretty impressed with the stuff!

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've never been a fan of tire shine personally... mainly because after 2 days it looks brown and nasty and it gets all over the wheels and fenders. But that being said, I broke down a few weeks ago and got some Black Magic Titanium tire shine. The stuff is GREAT. It goes on nice, doesn't sling at all and lasts a long time. And even after a couple washes, it doesn't turn brown from dirt and dust. Just kind of goes away. I've been pretty impressed with the stuff!
i gotta agree with 2K7MS6, The only thing i might add to his comment is that when you do wash your car, make sure you clean off the old tire shine completely with a soft brush, soap and water, or it will work against the new coat of shine you are about to apply during detailing.

I also wanted to note that Black Magic is not a spray on tire shine, it is a gel that you apply with the use a sponge(included) Well worth the extra $ because it lasts way longer than the spray on foam...

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I use meguair's endurance shine (?) it has a great wet looking shine that does last quite a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First i use actual tire cleaning spray..which gets all the dirt and brown crap off..then after that i spray the tire shine and it seems to stay on longer. As for what kind of tire shine i use, i prefer black magic, but i saw eagle one on sale for 3.99 and figured id give it a shot and its not too bad either. All preference with trial i suppose. Hope this helps

·
Registered
339 Posts
z16. Applies with a nice gloss but then when it dries it's "almost" matte. Lasts I would say a week and that's with some rain here and there. Doesn't sling either.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Meguiar's Hot Shine. Very good stuff. Lasts for about 3 - 4 weeks and gives your tires a deep glossy wet look.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I do not think there is a best tire shine. Unlike a wax or polish, different tire products give very different looks to a tire that can vary from matte to glossy. Personally, I can't stand high gloss tire shine. It just doesn't look natural. I prefer a richer dark look with just a hint of shine. I have uses Poorboy's Bold N Bright, Four Star Ultimate Tire Gel, Optimum Opti-Bond and Zaino Z-16 with success in the past.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I'll have to second Meguiar's Hot Shine Gel. Stays on about 3 weeks with a classy shine that isn't over the top. As time passes it fades, but doesn't leave a brown mess. In addition there isn't any excess that gets on the fenders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts