Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im looking at getting a new intake and i know by the charts whose the best (obviously CPE at 540 bucks) and then injen + the fix then AEM (wat most people say).

My question is kinda out of the ordinary though, does anyone thing one sounds better than the other? Videos are great if u got some!!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
well im looking at getting a new intake and i know by the charts whose the best (obviously CPE at 540 bucks) and then injen + the fix then AEM (wat most people say).

My question is kinda out of the ordinary though, does anyone thing one sounds better than the other? Videos are great if u got some!!
[/b]
I think they all would pretty much sound the same? The CP-e one uses a larger diameter tube. So it may sound a bit more aggressive

·
Registered
901 Posts
I had AEM before CP-E and CP-E is def more aggressive sounding.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
The MAFci kit induction pipe sometimes makes a whining noise very much akin to something a forced induction engine makes. :) The pipe is just at a certain size and length that it acts as a resonating chamber at certain throttle positions, hence the whine.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I have both AEM and K&N CAI. If you don't punch the car, you're not going to hear anything different than from using stock intake. If you're at the 5000 rpm and up then you'll hear the roar.

·
Registered
507 Posts
RPM doesn't matter as much as throttle opening. The more air you're sucking in, the louder it gets. They're all pretty civilized 'til you give it a little push. ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Ive got the short ram AEM intake right now, it sounds pretty good to me, but cant wait to get my CP-e. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ive got the short ram AEM intake right now, it sounds pretty good to me, but cant wait to get my CP-e. :yesnod:
[/b]
Glad you are getting the CP-E! I have the Mazdspeed intake on my 6s. It makes my car sound like it has a V6. When my warranty ends though I'm buying CP-E, hands down!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Glad you are getting the CP-E! I have the Mazdspeed intake on my 6s. It makes my car sound like it has a V6. When my warranty ends though I'm buying CP-E, hands down!
[/b]
My warrenty pretty much ended....thats y im upgrading to CP-e since i read so much about it on this forum that it convinced me to buy it. I cant want to get it and install it. :yesnod:

·
Registered
169 Posts
My warrenty pretty much ended....thats y im upgrading to CP-e since i read so much about it on this forum that it convinced me to buy it. I cant want to get it and install it. :yesnod:
[/b]
You won't be sorry if you do. I just finished installing it yesterday night (with very LIMITED instructions cuz the guy I bought it from DIDN'T include instructions) and I've had no problems! I didn't expect it to pull so much when I hit the accelerator. It also has a great sound, like it reminds you of the power that you have (at least in my 6s). All in all, worth every penny. :)

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Even the CP-E doesn't really sound all that different from stock until you get above 3 or 4k rpm.
[/b]
Wtf?!?! :headscrat:

Wrong. Even if you're barely on the gas, the air being sucked through the CP-E gives off a badass hiss until you reach upper rpms and then it just starts to roar. On a cold start, it's alot deeper as well in the lower rpms.

My contribution:

Blackmagiks MAFci w/ Mic

That should put a shit eatin' grin on your face :D

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
i love the sound of my bomz intake and come this weekend i'll love that it won't throw a CEL :D.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Good luck with that.

It comes with something to retune the MAF signal then? I thought the CP-E was the only one. Care to elaborate on how it doesn't cause a CEL? B/c every single intake thusfar besides the cp-e, that's been put on a 6, has caused a CEL.

I think the 6i's are less prone to though, IIRC.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
gee i couldn't possibly be ordering an Injen fix now could i? or perhaps even the tuneable MAF could i? never did i say that i don't have it already i said it won't be throwing a CEL after this weekend. one might think that means that i'm adding a MAF from cp-e.

·
Registered
159 Posts
gee i couldn't possibly be ordering an Injen fix now could i? or perhaps even the tuneable MAF could i? never did i say that i don't have it already i said it won't be throwing a CEL after this weekend. one might think that means that i'm adding a MAF from cp-e.
[/b]
Wow, your sarcasm makes you look like a complete and total ass. Just because Blackmagik doesn't read every post that you make doesn't mean that you should try and insult him. He has done a shit load more for this community than you have.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts