Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see lots of threads from folks that have replaced their bulbs. But what's the best bulb? Would prefer brightest/whitest light without changing the OEM wattage. A slight hint of blue might be cool, too.

Obviously I'd love to go HID but I can't pull off the cost.

If the members come to a definite winner maybe we could find a good supplier, move this to a group buy, and shoot for a discount on them?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Reading Topic: Best replacement bulbs

I recommend APC Ultra white....they are a 4000k Light Bulb Very white not reall any blue....They have been the best at my store

·
Registered
1,813 Posts

Avoid KOBE 55watts H1s if you want brightness, i just tested them against the stockers. no where near. Oh by the way, the plastic cover on the passenger side is a bitch for 6s...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Best replacement bulbs'

There is just SO much crap out there... and so many opinions....

I would save the trouble of buying replacements all the time and either go for HID, or wait for the Sylvania Silverstar in H1 (supposed to be released VERY soon).

There are tons of bulbs out there... some of shoddy quality... but whatever you do, DO NOT go to some crazy high wattage set.

·
Registered
217 Posts

Raybrig White Thunder H1 and H3. Almost $100 a pair but definitely worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Let's do some number crunching:

$40 per bulb (average for those)

So you spend $80 on your first pair and let's say you replace them once a year. I guarantee you, that you will still have that car in 6.2 years, god forbid some horrible accident. Because in those 6.2 years, you will have spent the same amount for these bulbs than you would have for a HID kit that lasts the life of the car, then you count all the times past that 6.2 years that you still continue paying for the bulbs.

I find the one time fee of $500 to be better compared to $950-$1000 worth of halogen bulbs that struggle to be like HIDs for the same amount of time the HIDs would of lasted.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Best replacement bulbs'

Not to mention HIDs perform better (if you buy the correct kit ;) )

Also with the MazdaClub discount it ends up being more like $450...

AND.. I cannot stress the importance of StonGard for your lights. Especially since your cars are brand new... protect them NOW. Over time, they will get chipped up, etc. This eventually leads to cloudy lenses and diminished light output...

You can get StonGard from us also w/ the 10% discount.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts