Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of your know that i have a fully built mazdaspeed6 and i have been working really hard to make this car a record breaker at the track while still being a daily driver. Well one of the things i really want to improve that i am closely looking at is my suspension.

I currenly have the koni yellows and megan springs. My goal is to get a 1.6 if not the 1.5s 60fts. I know that suspension plays a big part in that. The last time i went to the track i only had the megan springs and some nitto555 tires and i was able to get a 1.712 60 ft. I believe after i get this car tuned i will have the power for this. I just wanted to get your thoughts on a suspension set up that can help me out.

·
Registered
875 Posts
If you're just going in a straight line. What suspension upgrades can you do other than Coilovers on it's stiffest settings? Tons of stiffer mounts. Wider wheels/tires. Stickier tires: RE11s (or any extremes or DOT tires) for daily/track and some drag radial tires just for the drag.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
there are afew vids of a members car on here showing how much better his car luanched with the hks coilovers

i think you can still find them on youtube

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
the BC CO's have the stiffest spring rate i think of any offered and on full stiff the car just lunges forward. i havent been to the track yet with my BT (but am itching to go REALLY soon) but when i had my SST with goobs of low end torque they def helped. the megan springs are soft as shit so i would def go the CO route. or maby get those air cylinder things u stick inside your spring to basically keep it from compressing. some MS3 guy on MSF has them. i also have yet to loose 4 wheel traction at the track being its so sticky, even on all seasons. i do however slip in the street.

·
Registered
395 Posts
For drag I alway thought the way people went was soft spring rates with low compression damping and moderate rebound damping. In the fronts, stiff is fine, but I think soft in the rear is better for weight transfer and hooking up.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Anything but the Megan springs.

I'm just throwing this out there for brainstorming, but since we can only get 50/50 power front to rear would you want setup that keeps the weight (when launching) as equal as possible over all four tires? I'm thinking a stiffer setup would be best for us then.

Also, more power would help as well as a good track surface. Not very many tuned GTR's are getting 1.5's.

·
Registered
277 Posts
i drag race a 10 second Mustang and run soft springs up front for weight transfer to the rear tires. i run stock rear springs with adj shocks, but no it idea what works for AWD. I have 1.49-1.55 60's and its all due to slicks. tires are the biggest factor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts