Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a mazdaspeed 6... i want 2 things. an exhaust and an cold air intake... what is the best of the 2? which exhaust gives most power... which exhaust gives best roar. which cold air intake for the speed 6 gives the biggest boost? for the exhaust i have been looking at the magnaflow one it claims a 23HP gain... i also seen the mazdaspeed exhaust and i dont know how much hp gain that gives or how it compairs in roar to the magnaflow... other ones i have seen is the injen and some other ones...please tell me whats the best in every aspect

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If you want the best bang for the buck...cpe downpipe. Everyone who has one has been very happy with the results. I am sure the sotp dyno would be much greater with the dp than with both the cai and cat back.
Just my .02
That said, I think many would agree that the cai and exhaust from cpe are hands down the best engineered ones, yeilding the best results.
Good luck!

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you want the best bang for the buck...cpe downpipe. Everyone who has one has been very happy with the results. I am sure the sotp dyno would be much greater with the dp than with both the cai and cat back.
Just my .02
That said, I think many would agree that the cai and exhaust from cpe are hands down the best engineered ones, yeilding the best results.
Good luck!
[/b]
Hey Cherry, what are the benifits of a boost controller?

·
Registered
826 Posts
[/b]
nooooooooooooo

besides killing your warrenty, your stock engine will not get much value out of a boost controller. if you are adament about getting it, at least mod your engine so it can handle it.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
nooooooooooooo

besides killing your warrenty, your stock engine will not get much value out of a boost controller. if you are adament about getting it, at least mod your engine so it can handle it.
[/b]
What????

·
Registered
851 Posts
nooooooooooooo

[/b]
and what mods do you have to your car? any mods could void your warrenty and the dealer could deny you service...........
that is about the most ignorant post ever....

eta: keep the boost around 16psi and you should be fine

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
[/b]
Our cars drop boost very early. An electronic boost controller helps maintain boost to redline, and yes it can also increase your boost accross the whole range.
ALL of the aftermarket tuning solutions will incorporate an EBC, as well as adjustments for fuel delivery (to improve a/f ratio and avoid running so rich), timing and fuel cut - which goes into effect on the stock car when the boost reaches a certain point.
Save your money and get a plug and play tuner when they become available, it will make a huge difference :drive: . At least one or two of these options will give you ablity to return to the stock ecu settings for visits to the stealership.
Good luck.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I know that downpipe and all the other stuff is nice, but I went with the CAI and get a better throttle response and that nice turbo sound spool. But if warranty is not your problem and you have the capabilities of taking items off easily, then DP is the way to go. I want to wait and get a plug-n-play for my speed. Patience is golden... Save the cheese and get the good stuff when it gets released.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I know that downpipe and all the other stuff is nice, but I went with the CAI and get a better throttle response and that nice turbo sound spool. But if warranty is not your problem and you have the capabilities of taking items off easily, then DP is the way to go. I want to wait and get a plug-n-play for my speed. Patience is golden... Save the cheese and get the good stuff when it gets released.
[/b]
Does the downpipe void the warranty?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Depends if they see it. Technically anything that cause more wear on something to break can void the warranty. So lets say you have the dp and are putting more power to the wheels. Then you break a rear half shaft from a trany bolt. Mazda can say the bracket wasn't designed to hold the extra power and that it's your fault. Then you would have to deal with court etc. All really depends on your dealer and the tech in the area.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, basically the dealership can argue with you about warranty with any aftermarket part you choose to put on. As for the EBC, I would wait for the plug and play tuning solutions to come out. Besides, a boost controller with the stock BOV really isn't going to do that much for you.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Our cars drop boost very early. An electronic boost controller helps maintain boost to redline, and yes it can also increase your boost accross the whole range.
ALL of the aftermarket tuning solutions will incorporate an EBC, as well as adjustments for fuel delivery (to improve a/f ratio and avoid running so rich), timing and fuel cut - which goes into effect on the stock car when the boost reaches a certain point.
Save your money and get a plug and play tuner when they become available, it will make a huge difference :drive: . At least one or two of these options will give you ablity to return to the stock ecu settings for visits to the stealership.
Good luck.
[/b]
2006 MS6 GT IN BLACK CHERRY WITH BLACK AND WHITE INTERIOR, SUNROOF & NAV

EXTERIOR/INTERIOR: ADR Battle Axe Rims (18x7.5 in Gunmetal)//JDM Electronic Folding Side Mirrors with Led Signal Indicators//Tinted Windows (50%...Keepin it legal)//PIAA Super White Driving, High Beam & Fogs//Suoer White Led Interior Lights//Auto Dim Mirror//
ICE: JL Audio 450.4 & 500.1 Amps// Boston Z6 Componets and SL65 Coaxials//JL Audio 10W7 Sub//Rockford Fosgate ThreeSixty.2//Pyramid 1.2 Farad Caps//Stubby Antena//Yellow Top Battery//Stock Sirrius Sat Radio//
PREFORMANCE: TurboXs DTEC Fuel and Boost Controller(The first - 257WHP and counting)//Defi Link Amber Boost Gauge//TurboXs SRI

1 - 14 of 14 Posts